LX

"Your vitals look okay, your blood values are also much better than when you came here", a doctor told Brett on his morning round.

Brett still felt like shit though, but he wasn't as dumb as to tell him so.

"So, can I go home today?"
"I'll have to check with my colleague first, but probably, yes."
Brett nodded and the doctor left. He glanced at his phone and at the messages he and Eddy had exchanged since they'd gotten up.

B: Good Morning

Eddy had answered like two hours later, but since every patient was being woken up at 6.30 a.m. by a nurse for a first checkup, it wasn't a surprise.

E: Morning, Brett 😊 Sorry, just woke up. How are you feeling today?

B: Still like shit, but a bit better

E: Counts as progress, I guess?

B: Course!

E: Hope I can take you home today😌

Take you home, there was a warmth flooding Brett's system upon reading that phrase.

B: Hope so too!

E: Text me as soon as you know more? Gonna go practice now 💪

B: 👍

At around 11 a.m., the same doctor as before came by and told him the good news: he was allowed to go home.

"Good for you!", Josh said and smiled.
"Thanks! I wish you all the best for your recovery."
"Thank you! At least my daughter's happy about me being in the hospital, so she was able to meet you."
Brett sniggered. "Was nice meeting her. Greet her from me."
Josh rolled his eyes. "She'll be thrilled."
Brett laughed.
"For what it's worth Brett", Josh added, his tone more serious, but also softer, "maybe it's not my place to say this as a stranger, but I feel like you're really important to Eddy, and as far as I've seen he's important to you as well..."
Didn't take a genius to notice this but, oh well. "Okay?"
"What I meant to say is: Take care of each other. You have something very valuable and rare."
It touched Brett, that Josh went out and said something so heartfelt to a guy he barely knew.
"Uh, thanks! We'll try!", Brett answered.

B: They're letting me go. I expect a limousine to pick me up. Otherwise I'm not coming home.

E: No problem, Sir. What time?🕴️

B: In about two hours... Hope you got our apartment in order after your big party!

E: Still full on partying here😜! Don't worry, you'll find no trace.

In Brett's remaining time, he tried to eat some sad hospital food adjusted to his diet, got unhooked from the IV and fell asleep again. So when Eddy arrived, he had to nudge Brett in order to wake him up.

"Rise and shine, princess!"
"Hmmmmm", Brett groaned and rubbed his eyes.
"You're ride is here. Gonna bring you back to our palace", Eddy made a grand gesture towards the door.
"Are you always so loud? You of all people should know how annoying noise is when one's still waking up." He took his glasses and tried to sit up a bit.
"Wait, let me help you", Eddy said, a bit calmer now and took Brett's arm to help him get up, "Do you need a wheelchair?"
"Nah", Brett declined and put the stuff Eddy had brought yesterday into a bag.

They said their polite goodbyes to Josh, wished him all the best and finally left the hospital building. Brett really hoped that this would have been the last time in a while where he'd had to come here.

Eddy really DID get him a limousine.

"Bro!!! What the hell???", Brett shouted, his big round eyes staring at that ridiculously shiny, huge ride which was supposed to simply bring him home.
Eddy shrugged, as if it was the most normal thing in the world. "You said you wanted a limo, I got you a limo."
"But.... How?", Brett asked incredulously.
Eddy winked at him. "Uber. Just have to choose the right ride, mate! And if you're not going too far, it's actually quite affordable." He slapped Brett on the shoulder, who didn't even want to start thinking about what Eddy deemed affordable, and opened one of the many doors.
"Would you like to take a seat, Sir?" Eddy made a little bow.
Brett was still too stunned to really react and just slid on one of the leather seats inside the car. There was classical music playing in the background, some symphony Brett couldn't quite place a name on and also a screen in the back of the car, showing some kind of screen saver moving to the music.
"You're incredible", Brett stuttered.
"I know! I have always wanted to get a ride in one, so it's not just for you. And after I had to walk home last time, I thought I deserve this", he winked again and leaned into his seat opposite of Brett. The car started humming nice and low and slid on the streets of Singapore towards their apartment.

"I was actually thinking about taking you somewhere else", Eddy began, "but I guess you're probably still too weak for big adventures?"
"This is adventurous enough for me, believe me!", Brett said and still looked around in awe.
Eddy grinned. "Good!" He leaned back again and closed his eyes.

Brett started to doubt that Eddy had done this more for himself than for Brett, for he kept his eyes shut most of the time, a light snore indicating him dozing off. It allowed Brett to observe his best friend undisturbed, to follow Eddy's sharp jawline with his eyes, up to the dishevelled, soft looking hair and down again to those dark fans of lashes behind golden frames, decorating the closed feline eyes.
And his lips. Those soft looking, pink, slightly moist and parted lips... Brett felt his heart beating faster and quickly averted his gaze, trying to look at the fancy interior of the car instead. It wasn't nearly as breathtaking as his view before...