LIX

E: Just got home! Had to walk around for like two hours 🤪 and sweating buckets! Why did we decide to live in Singapore again🥵?

Brett saw Eddy's text after a relaxing four hours of sleep around 11 p.m. He had tried to stay awake, but all the worrying and anxiety had taken a toll on him and he'd been so tired he had immediately fallen asleep after Eddy had left.

He smiled as he read the message on his phone and typed a reply with lightning speed.

B: Should have gotten yourself an uber using my phone. Or call a taxi. Why didn't you?

Brett didn't expect the read-sign lighting up just seconds after he'd sent his text. His thumbs were hovering above the screen like some hornets waiting for their attack as he observed the speech bubble indicating Eddy typing.

E: Forgot! And we were in such a rush. I was basically thrown out! You can't blame me!😤

Brett sniggered. What a baby.

B: Am not. It's you who suffered anyway. You certainly did your share of exercise today

E: Actually, I thought about that. Think we should exercise regularly after your recovery. You know, be gym buddies 💪

An (un-)welcomed image of Eddy in gym shorts, all sweaty, mouth slacked and slightly opened while breathing heavily popped into Brett's head. He swallowed hard before he took a deep breath to calm himself down.

B: Why? 🤨

Unlike Eddy, Brett rarely used emojis. But when he did, he liked them serving a purpose. Like now, showing his scepticism... or concealing how much that picture of gym-Eddy affected him...

E: It's important 🏋️! To keep ourselves healthy.

B: And when will we have time for this?

E: Gotta take time! Come oooon! It's good for us!

B: I guess... Don't wanna get into THIS shit again, that's for sure.

E: Great 🎉🎉🎉! Gonna sign us up for a gym memb. Think there is one at the corner of a building nearby.

B: I see... Already making plans for us while I'm gone.

E: You have no idea 😉

B: Do I wanna know?

E: Some of it... Maybe...🤫

Brett rolled his eyes so hard they hit the back of his skull. That was mysterious Eddy live and Brett knew how Eddy loved shit like that. Well, let him have his fun...

B: I hope I can come home tmrw to prevent worse.

E: Noo, not yet! Have that huge party planned with thousands of people🎉🎉. Need the apartment for myself.

Brett laughed.

B: And what are you celebrating?

E: That my best friend is gonna be ok soon!!!

Brett smiled fondly and brushed over the last text with his thumb.

E: Shouldn't you go to sleep?

B: Slept the last 5 hrs mate! Need to do something before I snooze off again.

E: Then settle in for some Chen.tm entertainment!!!

Brett fluffed up his hospital cushion, pushed one of the buttons so the upper part of his bed would rise a bit and locked his penguin plushie between his elbow and chest. Yet, the warmest feeling was caused by the simple fact that Brett Yang could exchange some brainless messages with Eddy Chen.