XCI

It was getting late, when Eddy suggested they'd pack up and go back to their apartment.

"We haven't bought and decorated that tree for nothing, hey?", he meant, folded the big blanket and put it into his backpack.

As the traces from their stay on Christmas Eve on that hill got erased, Brett felt a nervousness invading his system and it had nothing to do with soon being able to see that shiny Christmas tree at home.

He tried to cover it up by engaging Eddy into a conversation about how they'd apparently both forgotten to call their families and wish them a merry Christmas and because of the time difference, it was simply too late for this now without being impolite.
It was kind of understandable though, with them being busy discovering their love for each other. They promised to remind each other to call tomorrow and were surprised their mums hadn't yet done the deed themselves.

However, it went undiscussed whether they should inform them about their new relationship status or not. They both knew that it was way too early and new for dropping a bomb like that, on Christmas nonetheless.

"Welcome home, boyfriend", Eddy thused, opening the door to their apartment. Brett's heart was almost jumping out of his chest by now, but he deadpanned his way to the living room and turned on the lights of the Christmas tree. No need for Eddy to know he was freaking out. No sire!

"Best idea ever! Getting that tree!" Eddy's eyes shone as he put down his stuff and took a stance next to Brett, admiring their festive project.
Brett nodded. "Yeah. It does make everything more christmassy, I guess."
Eddy glanced at him. "What do you wanna do? Play games? Talk some more or head to bed soon?"

Bed... Brett cursed his sensitive soul for almost losing it only upon hearing that innocent word. He cleared his throat.
"Uhm... what would you like to do?", he croaked.
"Hmm... let's make some tea. Something with cinammon, and chill on the couch? Unwind a bit?"

Brett already made his way to the kitchen and set up the water heater in silent agreement. He really didn't trust his voice until he had a few sips of that tea.

Look. It wasn't like he was a virgin or something. He did have his share of experiences, short flings and several girlfriends to prove that. But none of his past liasons had involved another guy besides him. And for none of it had it been so important that he didn't fuck up!

And it was so weird too. He'd known Eddy forever, but being physical and sort of intimate with him was very, very unfamiliar. Before, on that grassy hill, Brett had just done what felt natural and most of the initiative had come from Eddy in the first place. And he guessed he had been too overwhelmed by the situation, the happiness and his desire which had been surpressed for what had felt like an eternity to feel awkward or self conscious about it.
And he had loved every second of it. Every taste of those lips, every touch of hands, fingers and legs on the other's clothing and sometimes, if lucky and daring, on the other's bare skin.

But now, the situation had sort of a weight to it. What did Eddy expect? Before, they had been outside and it had been clear that they wouldn't, couldn't take things too far. Here however, in their own apartment behind closed doors, everything was possible.

Did Eddy want to take things slow? Or not? Should Brett take initiative as the older one or should he let Eddy take charge? And if yes would Eddy want to...

"Brett?"

It took Brett a second to pull out from his spiral of thoughts.
"Hmm?"
"You comin'? Water's hot for quite some time now. Do you need help with the tea?"
"Oh", Brett made, rubbed his nose and opened a random cupboard in search for the tea, "Nah, it's fine. I can manage."