Reminiscing About the Past

As we made our way to the store, Yukari seemed like she wanted to ask me something. But, she was a little hesitant about doing so.

Y/N: What's up?

Yukari: Hey Y/N, did you ever have a girlfriend of some kind when you were at Oakland?

Y/N: Not really no, I didn't have time. I was more worried about getting my grades up. To me, higher grades meant higher chances of getting out of there. In some ways that was true.

I sigh and look at the sky as I recalled something I wish I hadn't. I hadn't thought about her in a long time.

Y/N: There was this one girl, he name was Sayako, and almost everyone in the school seemed to have a crush on. I was a slight exception to that, I didn't like her, but I did see why other people did. One day, she came up to me in the classroom with a smile which put me on edge a little.

*Flashback*

Sayako: Hey Y/N, you know how we have to pick partners for that one project coming up? Just in case you didn't have one, I was wondering if you wanted to partner with me?

I knew it would've been social suicide to both of us had I refused so I nodded my head and decided to partner with her. It was just two weeks, how bad could this project be? Maybe my gut feeling about her was wrong...maybe...it was wrong...As we worked on the project I noticed that while she wasn't the smartest at the subject, she did still try which I appreciated. I grew to appreciate her company. I overheard her talking in the hallway one time, I don't know why, but I hid. They were talking about me.

Yukari: They were talking about you? What about?

I looked down at the floor, did I want to tell Yukari about this? I guess I did owe it to her, she gave me the courage in the last timeline.