The World is ̶B̶r̶e̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ Fine

As we drove I realized that I hadn't checked my phone the past few days, I decided to check it and my eyes widened in shock as I'd see hundreds upon hundreds of calls and texts from Yukari. I couldn't read them all, but this confirmed that something was wrong with her. It was then that Akita's last words to me in the last world went through my mind.

Akita (past): Everything should be back to normal, well except for a couple of people. That's what this story is about right?

Y/N: Yukari...

...

...

...

I ran out of the house quickly in order to get to school on time, it was my first day back and I was already running late. I was hoping I could reach Yukari when I get there, but she wasn't there. I decided to head to class and I sighed with relief, she was there at her desk staring at the door.

Y/N: Y-Yukari! I'm back!

She stared at me for a second, her eyes looked blank when I entered the room but now they were brimming with life. She sprung out of her chair quickly and hugged me tightly, or she would have if Sayako didn't do the exact same thing.

Sayako: I'm so glad you're okay Y/N! I heard about what happened on the news and I got so worried.

Yukari stared at Sayako, the empty look in her eyes was back, I was getting nervous. I pried Sayako off of me and walked over to Yukari before patting her head.

Y/N: I'm okay Yukari, just a little tired. How've you been?

Yukari: Why...why haven't you answered my calls?

Y/N: I-I'm sorry, the past few days I've been so focused on healing and the nurses didn't let me move too much. I really would've called, I promise. I missed you.

I decided that I needed to do what I'd planned on doing at the start. I needed to ̶r̶u̶n̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶,̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶f̶a̶r̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ask Yukari out. That was the only thing on my mind now.

Yukari: Y/N? Y-You're gripping me kinda tight there.

Yukari was back to her normal blushing self, was I just imagining things? I must've been.

Y/N: Hey Yukari, can you meet me on the roof after school? There's something important I need to discuss with you.