Chapter 15

Sumedh wakes up by the sound of winds knocking aggressively on his door.

He slips out from his bed and looks outside to see heavy rainfall with dark clouds. He looks back at the wall clock.

11am.

Damn he slept for a long time. He looks outside and it actually seems like it's 11pm. He exhales a breath and took a shower.

He gets ready in comfortable clothes at home and heads downstairs. He went to the kitchen and Junho was not there.

He worryingly opens his phone and sees a message from the younger,

Junho (kiddo) ,

Well I'm safe at hospital. I went for work at 7am. I went to check on you but you were sleeping so peacefully that i didn't want to wake you up.

I didn't get the time to make breakfast but surely there is something in freezer. Reply me once you get this message and stay safe the storm seems powerful.

Sumedh ,

I'm fine too. I woke up late so I'll stay
at home. You too take care of yourself.
I'll make some breakfast dw abt it.

Sumedh hits the send button and flips the phone on the couch beside him. He lies down all calmly. The sound of the wind was playing a lullaby to him. He unknowningly again went to deep sleep.

Sumedh wakes up as his body aches staying like that for hours. He stretches a bit and was shocked to see it was almost 4pm. He looks outside and saw the storm being as much powerful as it was.

He also fells another thing inside him, hunger. But he is too lazy to get up and heat or make any food. So he again decideds to lay down and ignore his stomach growling.

He was thinking stuffs to distract him when suddenly he remembers yesterday night.

"Let's meet tomorrow"

Sumedh remembers saying Rayan this.

"Will he come to meet me?" He speaks to himself.

"He probably have forgotten..it was just a coincidence we met" Sumedh sighs trying to convince himself.

He somewhere wishes to meet his new friend but then again he thinks it's selfish of him to think that some random person whom he just met yesterday night will actually come to see him in this weather.

"I didn't even said him where to meet"

Sumedh sighs again when he says it to himself.

He was again thinking if to sleep or not when a knock was heard on the door.
Sumedh thought Junho might have returned but his jaw drops when he saw Rayan with his overcoat and umbrella still almost wet.

He quickly grabs him inside the house. He took the umbrella and hangs it upside down to get it dry. He takes away Rayan's coat and hungs it in the corner. He quickly closes the door and takes him in front of the fireplace.

"You seriously came in this stormy weather?" Sumedh asks. Concern in his voice.

"O-of course. We promised remember" Rayan says though his voice all heavy.