Chapter 19

"You know right if someone sees us like this they might call the police" Ray wishper yells to Sumedh.

"That won't be a problem" Sumedh replies back.

Apparently both of them are trying to eavesdrop at Mallika's house.

"You think they will talk about this?"

Rayan asks again.

"I don't know..but if he comes then they might"

"If who come?"

Before Sumedh could answer they saw the main gate openes and Basant walks in.

"B-Basant?" Rayan looks at Sumedh.

"Are you serious? Why will he help us to take out information from Mallika?"

Sumedh didn't answered.

"What's the guarantee that they will tell the truth. They might play back"

Rayan freaks out. Sumedh sighs and puts his hand on the other's shoulder.

"Just trust me, okay?"

Rayan looks at those green eyes in disbelief before scoffing and turning around.

Basant knocks the door and soon enough Kartikey welcomes him in. Sumedh and Rayan turns their head towards the window from where they can clearly see and listen to them.

"What have you been doing recently?"
Kartikey asks smilingly as he sits beside Basant.

"Nothing much. Just checking patients
and all.." was the reply.

"How is everything going here?" Basant asks turning to Mallika.

"It's good the new doctor who came, is working hard & about me my company got some new business
deals" Kartikey says.

"Your dad must be so proud on you.." Basant says patting the younger's shoulder.

Kartikey gives a bitter smile, "If only he could understand that this is not what i wanted to do"

Mallika nods, she knows how her brother wanted to become an archeologist but for their dad he ends up becoming a CEO.

"What happened though? Like i thought you will move out and pursue what you want" Basant asks in a soft voice.

Kartikey sighs,

"There was a reason...which i had to bear and for which I'm not responsible. Or maybe responsible."

"W-what's that suppose to mean?"asks Mallika confusely.

Sumedh and Rayan who were watching it from far didn't failed to notice the bitter smile coming on his face again.

"You were outside the country..when i needed a person to defend me. I was just nineteen." Kartikey says his head hungs down.

Basant and Mallika shares a look, the guilt feeling was already in her eyes.

"I tried to convince father..."

[FLASHBACK ] :

"Dad I'm not going to join your company..." Kartikey says for like the 10th time.