Going Out

I woke up the next morning realizing I fell asleep when I went in the room to get situated and due to jet lag I didn't want to get up. I was in my pajama's thank god but I looked at the time and realized I need to get Chris up. I walked out of my room and almost ran into Chris. He smiled at me and I gave a small laugh.

"I was coming to get you up." I said and Chris smiled.

"Well I'm awake, here is come coffee and breakfast is on its way." Chris said and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said taking the coffee cup and headed back out to the living room.

"Sorry I didn't wake you up for dinner last night..." I continued and he shook his head.

"No, it's fine. I hit the pillow in the bed and was out." Chris said and I nodded in agreement.

"I tried to fight it and my eyelids won out." I said as we sat down on the couch. We sat in silence for a few minutes as I sat and looked over his itinerary for the day.

"Well you really have nothing today. I think Megan got you here early to adjust you to time change..." I trailed off. Chris half nodded.

"Yeah we usually do, I don't go out to do anything though because I don't want to be mobbed. I really just like to sit in read or play a piano if the room had one." Chris said gesturing to the piano.

"Play the piano huh? I would love to hear that." I said and Chris huffed a laugh.

"Maybe..." Chris said and gave me a small wink as there was a knock on the door. I got up to answer it, it was room service with breakfast. Once the cart was wheeled in, I signed the receipt and Chris grabbed everything off the tray taking it to the coffee table setting it up. He handed me a plate and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said and we both started eating in silence. This was turning out awkward and I wasn't sure why. After I finished eating I placed the plate back on the cart.

"I'm going to go take a shower." I said and Chris nodded. As I went to walk away I heard him sigh.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Well you have only been to London once and it was a shitty trip. I feel horrible you being stuck in the hotel all day only seeing it from the window." Chris said.

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"I'm saying...let's go out. I know we aren't supposed to go out but I don't want to be stuck inside. We just have to not draw attention and we will be okay." Chris said and I sighed.

"Chris, Megan said..." I trailed off and he shook his head.

"Come on Ro, don't you want to be adventurous?" Chris asked and I smiled a half smile.

"It would be nice to get out and get some fresh air. Can you just let me make sure there aren't any paps outside and if there are I'll try to get rid of them." I said and Chris nodded. I walked back to my bedroom and knew I was about to do something I shouldn't. I called the front desk and was informed paps were still outside. I then decided to "drop a tip" on news outlets that Chris had snuck out of the hotel and was on a train headed out of town. Soon they were all leaving. I went and took a shower and as I got out my cellphone was ringing.

"Hello?" I asked answering on speaker phone.

"You let Chris sneak out of the hotel and get on a train?! What is wrong with you?!" Megan yelled at me and I smiled.

"Wow even my fake story fooled you...I must be good at this." I said and she was stunned to silence.

"You lied?" Megan asked.

"I have been known to do that." I said and she laughed and then groaned.

"But you getting them to leave means you and Chris want to leave the hotel...Rory..." Megan said and I sighed.

"Megan, you can't expect us to stay cooped up all day." I said and he sighed.

"Just please, please, please be safe." She said and I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

"We will be. I'm going to get dressed though. I love you and give Holly a kiss for me." I said.

"I will. Talk to you later." She said and I nodded. I hung up and got dressed in a plan pair of jeans, tennis shoes and a black t-shirt. I walked out of the bedroom and found Chris coming out of his room almost matching and I laughed.

"Wow..." I said and he laughed.

"Well what do you say Rory, you ready to go out and have fun in London?" Chris asked walking to the door and extending his hand. I smiled taking his hand and we left.