One Time Thing

Once we got back to Boston we didn't mention the kiss or anything as we drove to my house to drop me off. As the car pulled in the driveway I saw Megan's car and I sighed.

"Wow, she wastes no time." I said and Chris huffed a laugh.

"So basically I should wait to bring Dodger over to play with Buster?" Chris asked and I nodded. He leaned towards me and then stopped. I sighed and rolled my eyes as the car stopped.

"So it was a one time thing. Nice to know." I said getting out of the car and I heard Chris groaned as I shut the door. The driver handed me my suitcase and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said and I walked up to my door. I watched the car pull away and just shook my head. "Megan?!" I called out walking in.

"Shhh! I just got Holly down for a nap." Megan said and then looked at me. "You have a puppy!"

"I do, why are you in my house?" I asked.

"I wanted to talk about our last conversation and see how the rest of the trip was and obviously ask about the puppy." Megan said and I groaned.

"We have nothing to talk about Megan. I did your job, I fucked up and let Chris go out." I said and she shook her head.

"He called me and told me he just left, you tried to stop him. I'm sorry I jumped on you." Megan said and I sighed. The puppy whimpered from my arms.

"Okay skipping ahead, where the hell did the puppy come from?!" Megan asked and I laughed.

"Megan meet Buster!" I said handing him over to her. "He was one of the puppies from the puppy interview. I have been wanting to get a dog for awhile and it seemed perfect." I continued and she smiled. I went and grabbed my carry on where I had some puppy food and Buster perked up. I put the food on the floor in the bowl I had for him too and Megan set him down.

"I bet Chris was over the moon that you adopted a puppy." Megan said and I just shrugged.

"I guess." I said.

"What does that mean? Did you two not get along?" Megan asked..

"No except for the going out issue we got along just fine...." I said and she sighed.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Nothing!" I said annoyed. Megan just looked at me.

"Something happened, just tell me." Megan said.

"It's nothing, can you just stop please. I thought there was something but I misread everything." I said.

"Rory, just tell me." Megan said and I just looked at Buster eating. "Oh my god! You kissed him, didn't you?!" She asked asked and I didn't say anything.

"Megan..." I said and she groaned.

"I mean I know I tried setting you up before but I didn't work. That's why I thought this would be okay." Megan said.

"It was a kiss and only one. I don't think it meant anything. We are fine." I said and Megan sighed.

"You're sure? Because I need to talk to you about a month from now..." Megan said and I groaned.

"What?" I asked.

"Chris did that movie for Netflix and I need you to maybe go with him over seas again. I can do LA, mom will watch Holly but I need help on the overseas trips again." Megan said and I groaned.

"Megan...." I said and she sighed.

"Please Rory, I never ask for much." Megan begged and I sighed.

"Can I think about it?" I asked and she nodded.

"Of course."

"Thank you." I said.

Megan and I just sat around talking a little bit longer and then Holly woke up. After some time with Holly and the puppy Megan headed home. A few hours later I was sitting on the couch with Buster asleep beside me when there was a knock on my front door. Buster perked up and I went to do the door knowing it was maybe the groceries I ordered when I opened the door I was shocked.

"Chris?" I asked.

"It wasn't just a one time thing." Chris said gripping by face and passionately kissing me. I pulled him in my house as our lips didn't disconnect and he kicked the door closed with his foot then turning me to pin me against the door.