We are Stronger Than This

Once we got home from the premiere Chris and I went to the bedroom. I needed to at least change into my pajamas. We hadn't talked except for when I told him to move on from an interview. As I grabbed my pajamas and started to walk to the bathroom to change Chris stepped in my way.

"Are we going to talk at all?" Chris asked and I sighed.

"I'm tired of talking." I said.

"We haven't talked all night!" Chris said raising his voice.

"The silence said enough. You started this tonight." I said and he just looked at me. "The assistant sits in the front seat." I said mocking him and he groaned.

"Not my finest moment." Chris said and gave a small smirk, I just shook my head slightly.

"This isn't a joke Chris. Our life together, me working for you, us together. It's not a joke. We need to find a happy balance. Can you promise me this won't happen again?" I asked and Chris sighed.

"I have a hard time dividing assistant you and girlfriend you. I want a girlfriend and you have to work for me. I'm not the only one who has trouble dividing the two. You were supposed to be my girlfriend tonight. I needed you by my side." Chris said.

"I was by your side!" I said annoyed.

"As my assistant!" Chris yelled. I just shook my head.

"I was willing to try to play both parts Chris. You didn't give me that chance!" I yelled back. I pushed past him and went into the bathroom locking the door. Once I was changed and ready for bed I left the bathroom to see Chris getting ready for bed. I walked over to the bed grabbed my pillow and a blanket.

"Where are you going?" Chris asked annoyed.

"Well the assistant shouldn't sleep with her boss obviously." I said and stormed out of the room slamming the door. I went to the living room and laid on the couch. I just stared at the ceiling.

"Ro?" I heard a voice asked and I sat up to see Megan coming from the kitchen.

"What?" I asked as I laid back down.

"You and Chris going to be okay?" She asked and I groaned.

"I can't give you an answer but I'm going to schedule myself on a later flight tomorrow. You can be his assistant tomorrow." I said and she said.

"Running isn't the answer." Megan said.

"Not running just choosing to be apart." I said. Megan didn't say anything else and went to the room she was staying in. I felt my eyes full with tears and I just wanted to go back to Chris, kiss him, tell him I'm his and not his assistant anymore but we both would know it wasn't true. I had to go with him on the rest of the press tour where Megan couldn't. I slowly drifted to sleep as I cried.

A few hours later I felt myself being picked up from the couch and I barely opened my eyes to see Chris carrying me. I was exhausted from crying and could barely keep my eyes open. I leaned my head on his shoulder. He kissed my forehead as he walked.

"Chris..." I said sleepily.

"We will talk tomorrow Ro. Right now you don't need to cry yourself to sleep. You belong in bed with me." Chris whispered. We made it to the room and he kicked the door closed. He walked me over laying me on the bed. Once he got in I turned towards him burying my head in his chest and started crying as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Are we able to do this? I'm in too deep Chris." I said and he held me close to him.

"We are stronger than this fight Ro. Sleep now...we can talk tomorrow." Chris said, kissing the top of my head. I looked up and his lips connected with mine and he passionately kissed me.

"I love you." I whispered and I drifted off to sleep and Chris just laid there in shock. We hadn't said love yet.