18

Brendon comes back some time in the early morning, making enough noise to wake me up. He mutters under his breath, obviously drunk. I keep my eye on him as he struggles his shirt off of himself, watching him as he crawls under the covers and sighs blissfully.

I have a feeling he got pissed because of what I did to him. Brendon drinks, but even during rush week, he never got really drunk like most of the Sigmas did. But tonight, yeah, he definitely got drunk. There is a smell of alcohol in the room, and soon enough, Brendon is snoring.

I want to go over and curl up beside him. Spencer doesn't know what he is talking about. What does he know about Brendon? Nothing. But still, I had no right to say what I did. God, I fucked up. Everyone in the frat house knows that Spencer stalked that guy last year, but I've never said anything about it to him. No one talks about it, and I called him a stalker to his face. Spencer looked infuriated.

I hardly sleep at all. I get up when the sun comes up and sneak downstairs for breakfast. It's early on a Thursday morning, and the dining room is practically dead except for those who have morning lectures. Sisky is there in a tracksuit, downing some orange juice.

"Morning, bro!" he greets me.

"I thought you'd be sleeping off a hangover," I tell him because I remember him twirling his tongue around Rebecca's navel last night.

"I'm running it off!" he tells me, already getting up and stretching slightly. "Me and Will are going for a run." I nod, and Sisky asks, "Everything okay with you and Spencer? He went after you, and when he came back he was... was a little off."

I swallow hard and nod. "No, um, we're fine."

"Okay, cool," Sisky nods, "because, you know, if there were any major differences between you guys, I'd have to tell Patrick."

I try not to glare at him. Fuck, how is it any of Sisky's business?

"We're cool."

"Right then," Sisky nods.

"Bro, ready to go?" William calls from the dining room door. Sisky nods, and they wave as they go for an early morning run. Some people are way too cheerful in the morning.

I go to the kitchen and make a cup of coffee and a hot chocolate with whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate sprinkles. It's early still, but I know Sisky won't be back for a while. I find myself knocking on Spencer's door gently. There is no reply at first, but after persistent knocking, the door opens. A sleepy Spencer looks at me wearily.

"Hey. Um... brought you hot chocolate," I mutter and offer him the other mug decorated with everything.

"Don't want any," he refuses.