21

Okay, so Brendon does leave our room very early, but most likely, he is just avoiding me. I am supposed to be studying for my midterms, but how can I? I go to my first lecture of the day and scribble down six pages of notes. William gives me a confused look, but that's what you get for having pent up energy.

"No ass-pokage," he concludes.

"Fuck off," I snap.

I go to my Creative Writing class where William luckily isn't.

"Some of you have already handed in your short story assignments," Professor Jones informs us. "Now remember, that the final deadline is before the break next month!"

You'd think writing a short story would be easy for a poet. I mean, it's writing, not that different. But I am stuck with the assignment, have been for the past month.

"Fuck me," I mutter under my breath. Well, Brendon won't.

I am in a bad mood when I sulk back to the Sigma house. The only thing I can be happy about is that it's Wednesday, and I don't have to see Pete, because he is cricket hunting. When did my life become so absurd?

When I walk in, Brendon is sitting by his desk with his headphones on, deep in concentration. I've seen him do this before, and so I know he is memorising music. Brendon still hears me come in and slides the headphones around his neck as he turns in the chair to look at me.

"Hey."

"Hi," I say bluntly, not even looking at him as I go to my desk and start up my laptop. You can't just have me begging for it and then feed me bullshit about getting up early.

"I was just on my way out."

"Well, that's a surprise," I shrug, on full bitch mode.

"What does that mean?" Brendon asks.

"Nothing. Go, by all means. It's not like there's anything better to do."

"Hey, um, when I come back, we could go to Darwin Café for some smoothies or -"

"Or hey, I don't know! We could have sex!" I snap, folding my arms over my chest as I give him my best glare. "Just throwing this out there. You know, just an idea!"

Brendon sighs and stands up. "You wanna have this conversation?"

"I don't think having a conversation is going to change anything," I point out. "I was giving you the green light, for fuck's sake!"