Chapter 3: Close Call

Is this where I die? 

Bakugou heard Rush's screams get louder and louder as he got closer. Bakugou  thought his heart was going to burst with how much of a stressful situation he's in. As Rush came down the hall, Bakugou looked up quickly, wondering if he'll see him.

Bakugou's heart stopped. Rush... he didn't look human- not even close! His face terrified him. He knew he shouldn't be saying this but it resembled the face of the person who killed his mother. He felt a flurry if memories, of when his mother was killed by that horrid man. He was so lost in thought he didn't even know Rush left until he felt someone vigorously shake his shoulders- it was the redhead, Kirishima. He saw his classmates- whatever their names were, staring at him, concerned. He shrugged Kirishima off and shouldered his way past his classmates towards the next door. He felt something wet roll down his cheek. He didn't even know he was crying. How embarrassing, he thought, as he wiped them with his sleeve.

"Kaachan!" Bakugou felt annoyed. He was the LAST person he wanted to see right now. He felt arms wrap around his next and pull him back. "HEY WHAT THE FU-" He steadied himself, stopping him from falling. He saw Mina hugging him tightly. "Hey! You should open up to us! What did you see?! Remember Bakugou, you're our friend! Even if you're a big stuck up jerk!" The next thing he remembered was being tackled to the floor by his "bros" while Deku and his party just stared at them, wondering if they should intervene.

"Remember bro, you're our bro! Don't hide things from you're bros, bro!" Sero said. Kaminari nodded. "Yeah! What he said!" Kirishima gave a thumbs up while Mina made a dramatic face, agreeing to Sero's words.  Bakugou rolled his eyes and started screaming and hitting them until they let him go. Jirou was laughing so Bakugou glared at her, causing her to laugh even harder. Deku slowly motioned to the next door, suggesting they should go. The group got serious as they tracked forward. Well, almost serious due to Kaminari's and Sero's uncontrollable quiet giggles.

They entered another dark room shortly and Iida took the lead with the flashlight, as Todoroki's lighter was almost dead. Everything went well- except for Asui to be bitten by that weird ass monster that hides in the dark- Deku and Jirou were victims of it too- but they managed to locate it In time. 

They were now in room 028. They were all chattering away while staying on high alert. "If we ever have a closet shortage again, I'll give it to you Bakugou- because you're my bro!" Mina said solemnly. Bakugou ended up staring her down until she took back. 

Suddenly, the lights flickered. What a coincidence. They all ran to a nearby locker, some going inside while others waiting for Jirou's signal. They waited, and waited, and waited.

 After a while, they saw Kaminari fall out of a locker, looking hurt. "Cmon man! That was so rude!"  Bakugou was absolutely dumbfounded on why he was yelling at locker. Jirou immediately ran to Kaminari. "What happened?" Kaminari groaned in pain. "I was hiding in the locker waiting for that thing to come but then there were weird red stuff in my vision telling me to get out! I didn't so..." Kaminari broke off with an awkward laugh, getting a hit on the head from Jirou. "Idiot! That paper said if you stay in one too long you loose health! Remember!?" She exclaimed. Kaminari sat there for a few moments before shouting "OHHHH! NOW I REMEMBER!" Jirou just slapped her forehead. 

Suddenly they heard murmuring and they all turned around to hear Deku flipping through pages of his notes. Uraraka backed away, concerned while Todoroki walked towards him. "What are you looking for, Midoriya?" Deku looked up at Todoroki and then the rest of the group. "There were flickering lights but no one came... I was suspicious so I decided to go check the notes I made earlier! It says it may be Halt..." he broke off as he read down the lines. "It says the next room you walk in is where you will see Halt and you have to walk back and forward! Everyone got that, right?"

 Bakugou was about to tell Deku to shut up and die if it weren't for him leading the way to the next door. This pissed him off. He swore he'd kill Deku if he had the chance and walked in the room.

As they walked in, Bakugou noticed door has a blue aura to it. He ignored it and just kept walking forward, hoping he wouldn't die. Suddenly, he felt his vision go black until the words 'turn around' appeared before he felt himself shift back into reality. He started walking backwards, and oh my. He had the same effect wash over him as he saw Halt. He determinedly looked up at Halt while walking backwards. He was not going to loose to one of the entities in the weird ass hotel. Again.

He repeated the process of turning around over and over again until he finally got to the next door. He saw some other people already at the other side, waiting. Asui looked like she got hit by Halt. He stormed past them and sat down in one of the couches present next to a fireplace, waiting for the extras to finish.

He was sure he almost fell asleep until he felt someone knudge him. "Rise and shine, Kaachan!"

He looked up and saw Kaminari shaking him. He got up immediately and tried to slap the shit out of him for waking him up until Kirishima came in the middle, putting his hands up blocking them from one another. Baku got growled and sat back down on the seat. Suddenly, Kirishima yawned. "Hey Iida, should we call sleep for a while? I mean, we did arrive pretty late and we've been in here for a couple of hours," Kirishima said. Iida pushed his glasses up before responding. "Hmm... I guess we can do that... alright! If you are not tired you can guard!" Asui yawned before settling down on the floor. "Count me out. I'm tired." She fell fast asleep and the others settled down too. 

Kaminari ran to the other other couch on hopes of getting it, but Mina got it first. She laughed at him while Kaminari just grumbled and leaned his head on the side of her couch. Sero offered to volunteer but was shooed away by Iida who then announced they would alternate on guarding. First, it was Iida and Deku, Asui and Sero, Todoroki and Uraraka, and so on. 

If Bakugou were fully awake, he would have insisted that he would guard. He would never tell anyone, but he trusted all of theme completely. He heard Kirishima and Uraraka lean to the side of his chair. He was too tired too care and just ignored it, falling asleep almost immediately. 

He was woken up by a Kirishima with his hair down, telling him it was his turn  to do his shift with Jirou. He got up and Kirishima almost immediately stole his chair. Bakugou didn't mind. He was the last shift after all. 

Both of them stood next to the door but not close enough for it to magically open, standing in silence. 

Suddenly, Jirou spoke up. "Im afraid Kaminari might die." Bakugou looked at her, horrified, hoping she was just joking- she wasn't. Tears were falling from her eyes. Bakugou, who had no experience in comforting another just went and awkwardly hugged her as she cried. "I love him. But seeing him get hurt to a monster as simple as Hide is worrying me. I don't want for him to-"Bakugou shushed her. 

From when they started, he was also sure Kaminari would die. Bakugou spoke up awkwardly, having no idea what to do. "Well then, you just have to make sure he doesn't die then." She sniffled before sighing. They stopped hugging, feeling awkward. "Thanks... but I never expected you to be such a caring friend," she said, teasing him. Bakugou was about to explode with anger before she shushed him, reminding him people were sleeping. She then started laughing, leading Bakugou to laugh as well. 

They then continued their shift in a peaceful silence.