Chapter 7: Ambush

Uraraka screamed, drawing attention from Figure. He came a few steps upstairs before going down, not able to hear anything else. Uraraka stated panicking at the sight of her dead friend, unable to believe any of this. "He was supposed to be the fastest... how did that- that monster catch him?" She spoke in a whisper, before closing her eyes shut.

Deku and Mina sat next to her, trying to calm her down Jirou had went to check if Iida was still alive and to get the paper. Bakugou couldn't believe it. They first lost Asui and Sero... and now Iida? Were they all going to die? He was broken out of his trance by Kirishima placing a hand in his shoulder, looking at him as if he thought the exact same thing. Bakugou simply nodded at him while turning away. Soon, Jirou arriving up the stairs. "How is he?" Kaminari asked, everyone anxious for her answer. She shook her head, earning a few gasps. 

Deku started tearing up, holding onto Uraraka. Kirishima looked pissed. "That damn bastard... he was supposed to live..." He said. Bakugou had never heard the redhead using language like that before, but he didn't comment on it. He too felt sad by Iida's death. Wasn't he their leader? Jirou motioned them to come forward as she entered in the code. The door opened, and they all ran through, the door closing immediately after they all exited. They sat in silence, having nothing to say. Suddenly, Kaminari spoke up. "Hey... we should all sleep now, if you guys feel tired..." 

Soon, everyone was lying down on the floor. No one was guarding, as no monster came last time, giving them a little comfort in the fact a monster might not appear. There was no fire place in the room, and only stairs upstairs. They all decided to sleep downstairs, not wanting to go anywhere near that door. Bakugou was exhausted, and fell asleep as soon as he shut his eyes, hoping all of this was just a horrible nightmare. 

Bakugou felt someone shake him in an attempt to wake him up, but he groaned and rolled over. "Fuck off old hag..." it was silent for two seconds before the person spoke up again. "Bakugou. It's me, Todoroki." Bakugou got up in an instant, embarrassed. He slapped Todoroki's helping hand as he got up and stormed right past him. God, that was embarrassing. He caught Mina smirking at him and gave her a glare, causing her to cheerfully wave at him. 

Soon, everyone was up and made it through door 052. It was a dark room. They all looked at each other, clearly  wondering if anyone had a lighter. They didn't. They all walked together cautiously in a group, looking around. They had found door 053 but they needed a key. Just great. 

They all stuck together going into rooms. While Bakugou was checking a drawer, he heard a psst. Panicked, he looked around for the source of the sound. He was too late. He saw Screech all up in his personal space screaming, and then biting him. Bakugou yelped in shock, falling into Todoroki. He got up, pissed. If Halfie wasn't such an idiot he would have been made fun of for years. A couple of other screams from both people and Screech. He hoped no one died here- they lost too many people already. 

"I found the key!" Kaminari screamed. They all went to the main door as he opened it. Bakugou heard the psst this time as he walked through and looked around, finding it. Ha! It wouldn't dare mess with him again!

It was another dark room. The way was blocked but there were huge doors. They got through and checked the desk. Mina got a lighter and she turned it on immediately. They all then crouched through the glass and made it to the next door. 

It had lights but they flickered. Bakugou sighed in annoyance. It was going to be like another dark room! He went in immediately, red spots appearing in his vision. He didn't get out. Rush was still coming. The red became faster and faster but Bakugou got out of the closet immediately after Rush passed by. He was damn sure that was Hide. He made a mental note to not hide in a locker too long as they made it to door 055.