Chapter 5

It had been a year since I was born here and I for the first time in a long time saw my father. He always seemed tired. He came home and would look at me during dinner, while barely eating anything. He had sullen eyes and a tense posture. It was clear that his heart broke every time he looked at me. I was after all he had left of his beloved wife.

"Tribble, bring Pansy here," Father said so quietly I thought he whispered. Tribble grabbed me with her long thin fingers and teleported towards the end of the table where my father was seated.

My father grabbed me with disgust in his eyes out of Tribble's hands. "Tribble washes all the floors without magic, that is your punishment for touching your master," Father seethed. I could see Tribble turn a soft pale but her structure held relief as she left the room to clean all the floors. Clearly relieved that she was not to hurt herself.

Tribble wore a clean bedsheet that Father always made her clean the bedsheet because he thought it was disgusting enough for a house-elf to be in his house let stand a dirty house elf. So to speak Father was a clean freak, he never wanted a dirty house, this was probably the only thing that kept him from hitting or making Tribble hit herself. I did not want blood on his perfect clean house.

Compared to Dobby, Tribble was living in a paradise. She loved cleaning so she did not mind cleaning the floors without magic. Perhaps her obsessive love for cleaning was the reason she was chosen to serve the house. Tribble was a fairly new house-elf that the Parkinson family got while my father was young. Tribble often brags about how clean the house is and how good of a job she did. If there was one thing Tribble loved more than anything it was showing off her cleaning skills.

I had watched her clean the floors, my room, and other rooms because she wanted to show me how well of a job she did. Not that it really mattered to me, but it was all fun since I would be floating in the air while Tribble cleaned, this way I could see the different rooms. I saw the room I was born in. It was pretty dark green and seemed to have been cleaned ever since. Like my mother had never died there.

"So I heard you don't cry much Pansy," Father said bringing me back from my thoughts. Still acting like a baby I did do anything but let out soft giggles while sticking my arms out to him. Father seemed surprised but let out a soft laugh. It made my breath hitch, Father for just a moment looked young, like a man in his end twenties rather than late thirties. His teeth were perfectly white and his black hair seemed to be slicked back. His dark eyes seemed to have regained some spark.

"you look just like her, happy, high cheekbones, cheeky smile," Father sighed. He put me on his lap and start softly pinching my cheeks. I giggled along, happy to make father happy and less sad all the time.

"Maybe I should take you with me to work then you won't have to be alone all the time," Father pondered. My eyes sparkled and I started swinging my arms in agreement. I love being in the house but it is kinda boring. Please take me with you! I thought, swinging my arms more with a bright smile.

Father broke out in a smile and laughed. "I think it is settled then,"