Chapter 18

"Good afternoon Daphne and Astoria," I replied. I gave them a smile and guided them into the house.

"Your house is truly beautiful Pansy," Astoria said with rosy cheeks, her ears became red, it was clear that Astoria was a little embarrassed. I pretended not to notice and took them around the house, at least what I could show without getting wet by the rain.

I had Tribble put a silencing spell on Freddie as he kept screeching, and I skipped showing that room as it would only hurt their ears. We had entered the Library and I felt excited to be here, it was a place full of knowledge a place to which I had been the most accustomed.

"This is the library, it holds books from centuries ago since the Parkinson family was first created, or at least what is shown in the records," I say with pride in my voice. Both Astoria and Daphne tried to be polite and nodded softly but in the corner of my eye, I could see Astoria try to hold in a yawn.

Daphne also noticed and tried to stir the conversation into something else. "I heard you have the most beautiful dresses, could we see your closet Pansy?" Daphne asked politely.

"Of course, please follow me," I said smiling, but behind that smile, I felt hurt, lonely, and a bit upset. They are very young and probably only wanted to play some games. It was hard trying to fit in, I could not just go and change my mind back to when I was five and loved doing anything else but reading.

The original Pansy would have no problem but, I found it hard. Draco had not made it obvious that he was bored but by seeing the expression of the Greengrass girls it was clear that he must have also been bored.

I swallowed and led them while talking about the newest trends and all. One thing all pureblood girls had in common was that they were taught about the clothing trends to make sure they would later not turn into a fashion mess. It all starts young manipulating the minds to fit a mould.

I of course only knew about them because of father and Tribble but that showed just how much influence it can have, unbeknownst I knew more about clothing, fabric and attire than I did about table manners.

I entered my room and walked towards my closet. It was filled with dresses, skirts, pants, shirts, and all sorts of shoes and accessories. They both rushed in and started touching all the different kinds of dresses and clothes I had.

"They are so pretty," Astoria said as she crouched down to look at the shoes.

"Isn't this dress made of the newest glotuon fabric from Asia," Daphne said as she touched the fluffy coat I had in my closet. Father had gotten me that one when he had left for business three weeks ago.

"Yes it is, father got it for me," I say with a small smile. It was all about looking friendly, that is the best way to make friends at least that is what my mom from the previous lifetime told me.

"I wish my father was a fashion expert, then he could also bring such nice clothes every time he comes back from his job travels," Daphne said with a sign.

I merely nod before pretending to be busy with one of my newest dresses. It was clear that the father of the Greengrass family was not home often, I could see it in the way the girls interact and what they talk about. It was all information about the newest trends and the witch weekly articles.

After a while, we move to the tea room to drink some tea and eat lots of sweets like I had promised Daphne. Both girls seemed to enjoy themselves which made me feel better.

"Have you heard Pansy?" Daphne says out of nowhere, I shake my head.

"Have I heard what?" I respond.

"Theodore Nott lost his mother a few weeks ago, apparently his father has gone mad," Daphne said in a whispering manner as if there was someone listening in.

"It is said Theodore will attend tomorrow at your party and that he is weird," Daphne took a big bite of her cake before continuing, "I think he is going to cause some chaos, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree,"

and here I found another curious case to uncover.