Chapter 8

Tribble felt excited and started looking through my walk-in closet. It was filled with hundreds of dresses all specially made by Madam Malkin herself. Madam Malkin and my father were good friends they were good business partners and she often came for dinner to give a new dress or robes made from the material that my father sold to her.

I loved to have her in the house she was a very kind middle-aged woman who always brought gifts. Tribble came out of the closet as she held a marvellous emerald green dress. It had a soft puff at the bottom which was tailed with ruffles, it was not like a normal princess dress which had a lot of puffy material. No, the fabric was silky smooth with the side laid with a soft fabric so that the silk would not feel too cold on my skin. Behind the back of the dress was a pretty big bow.

I looked in the mirror while Tribble fixed my hair. I looked very pretty, I had high cheekbones which were only softly visible because of my still chubby rosy cheeks. I had thin legs and arms which were a beautiful pale colour. It made me miss my caramel-coloured skin but there was nothing I could do about it. My hair had grown to my shoulders, it was just like my father's thick silky smooth and as pretty as the midnight sky. My eyes were black but held a rejuvenating spark.

The book certainly did not do Pansy justice, she was a beautiful girl like most purebloods and I felt a sense of pride bloom up looking at my appearance. My skin was smooth and I did not have a pug-like face.

"Your all done mistress, it is time to go to the party," Tribble said proudly as she finished my hair that was now braided into a flower crown. I look extremely cute. It was a wonder that Draco did not fall in love with Pansy. I smiled and nodded towards Tribble who brought us to father.

Father was in a filled black suit with an emerald green shirt underneath, Tribble had clearly intended for us to match.

"You look very pretty Pansy," Father said with a smile, "Thank you, papa," I said while giving him a proper bow. Father laughed and lifted me up in his arms. "We will be going be port key this time, so hold on tight,"

I nodded and held on tight while hiding my expression in his shirt. Let's just hope she will not be shoved away from her father to play with other children. I swallow a lump down my throat and pray in my mind for the best.

I felt my body churn and felt a bit dizzy as we landed in the open yard of the Malfoy mansion, there were already lots of people around all drinking and laughing enjoying the party, the Malfoys had spotted us and walked in our direction. Draco seemed a bit annoyed and down. I could not help but notice, that before this, all our encounters were very short and we only spoke a few words but now I had a feeling that would change. I would now be hanging around him for the whole party.

Father put me down on the floor and hold his hand while we walked toward the Malfoys. Narcissa was in a beautiful long black dress which complemented her pale skin and beautiful hair. Lucious was in a full black suit and little Draco wore a pure white suit.

"Oswin Parkinson good to see you've made it on time," Lucius said and gave father a short hug. "Yes, but it seems more guests came early," Father laughed. It was polite to come early in pureblood tradition. However, it would be fine if you were late.

"Why don't you two get a drink while I show Pansy around with Draco," Narcissa suggested, father agreed and gave me a kiss on the cheek to which I giggled masking my true thoughts. I did not like the book Draco but I would have to deal with that if I wanted to live normally. Narcissa stuck her hand out for me to take and I followed her through the garden.