Chapter 7

I wanted to bawl my eyes out for the very first time in a long while actually since my birth. I will turn five years old in three weeks while Draco will turn five today. The Malfoys and my father thought it was a splendid idea to have the two birthdays held together. Playing the perfect daughter role I agreed begrudgingly in the hopes that Draco would let his spoilt side come to the front and demand it to be done alone.

Sadly, that did not happen. Surprisingly Draco was well behaved towards people of his 'own kind'. Draco was quite smart which was unsurprising as he was second-best in every subject coming right after Hermione. However, he was not as smart as me. It bugged me how much people put us together. For my other birthdays and my father's birthday, there would be grand parties held at our mansion.

During those parties, I always stuck to my father and followed him wherever. As the perfect daughter I am I learned my etiquette from books in the library and spent hours that I wasn't spending father's office practice. People would often praise my father for teaching me well to which he would respond that I learned it all on my own which lead to more praise and even. The Malfoys taught their son manners from a young age so Draco was also well adjusted and could hold himself well enough to hold a conversation. This was ultimately where it all began and how I almost got myself engaged!

I was three at the time and Lucius Malfoy came to talk to my father, the conversation was very short and added before Lucius left the mansion.

"Your daughter seems quite well matched with my son, although I am hoping my son will marry for love. However, the option is always open old friend," Lucious said confidently.

My father nodded in agreement and had a small grin on his face. "I am planning to let my daughter fall in love as well but I am sure she can charm almost everyone,"

at the time I wanted to scream at my father, was he suggesting that I could make Draco fall in love with me?! I did not come out of my room for a whole afternoon thinking about how I could get away from this mansion. It was not anything against Draco... well it was. It was the fact that he was discriminative against others which I now also had to be if I wanted to fit in.

I shook the feeling off, I was still in the family library where I would hide from time to time. I enjoyed reading in the library about all sorts of things. From magical plants and fungi to the most dangerous potions made. It all had useful information and if I were to be able to practice some of the spells I learned or make the potions I could be able to at a ridiculously high level of magical understanding by the time I reach Hogwarts.

I had tried asking my father to teach me but he told me that he would not until I reached at least seven years old. So I had to wait, but it did not stop me from trying wandless magic. which had been hard to master, I could only do two spells per day before collapsing into a deep nap.

"Mistress you need to get ready for the party, the master said you'll be leaving soon," Tribble plopped in the library and bowed her head. I told her that when no one was around she didn't need to but she refused.

"Very well get ready Tribble," I say softly trying to hold my tears in. This was going to be a night filled with dread.