Chapter 25

"I am-" The creature sputtered coughing loudly and fell to the ground. "I'll get you some water and new clothes and uhh and some medicine whatever you need!" I ranted out and started running back to the entrance where I got caught. I was about to leave when Tribble saw me.

Unlike her usual kind bright eyes and appearance, she looked angry. "Young miss you should not bother Hinkle while he is being punished," Tribble said darkly. I swallowed and felt fear creeping up my throat. I felt myself visibly flinch, and Tribble seemed to appear right in front of me.

Although she was the same height as me now she seemed to tower over me. I did not think another second and ran in the opposite direction away from Tribble I ran like a murderer was after. I had to run I had to get out of her sight.

Because of the shock, my light had dimmed and I had rushed like a chicken without a head into a random door that was closest to me. I entered and immediately got into the back of my walk-in closet.

I had run to my bed and when I was about to hide under the covers of my duvet I heard a loud plop. Tribble had entered my room and she no longer seemed murderous she was just like normal.

"Young mistress, I apologize for showing such an unsightly manner of myself and my husband," She snicked while bending her head. "You must want an explanation," Tribble continued. I nodded but some part of me did not even want to know what had happened between Tribble and whatever creature that had been.

"My husband is a goblin, my husband Hinkle used Tribble to create a deal that hurt the Parkinson family. I need to give punishment for betraying Master's family," Tribble finished. I tried my best not to shiver.

Is she telling me she married a goblin? I felt nauseous to my stomach. I wanted to puke all over trying not to think about what type of punishment she meant. All I saw were chains, blood and darkness. I remember seeing whips and shackles to the wall.

Sweet little Tribble that looked after me since I was young, that was scared that dust would get in my eyes and make me cry. The Tribble that would take care of me like I was her own child. I felt sick to my stomach to think she could be capable of this.

"what... What did he do?" I asked I knew that Tribble was probably not allowed to tell me but it was worth the shot. Tribble looked conflicted and looked down at her shoes. "Hinkle betrayed the Parkinson Family, betrayed me. I can say no more mistress," Tribble said.

I could not argue and just went to sleep for the rest of the day. I did not need to eat dinner that night not after what I saw. I went to sleep and decided that I would go to see Hinkle the goblin later.

--

Looking back at the cabinet I swallowed, Tribble was running errands and was not here for a while and I had explored these routes and halls. I had not seen the Goblin in my explorations but I knew the way from here and I had saved my energy.

I was still angry at my father and sometimes it was better to avoid confrontation. Besides I could always go into my walking closet and say I looked for my special Quill. I took a deep breath and walked in.