Chapter 16

Warning!! This chapter is gonna curse a bit so just be prepared.

Carla's front yard was full of people in various stages of party. Red solo cups layed every where and I noticed a kid downing a bottle of whiskey on the front stoop who yelled "Fuck you!" At the top of his lungs to no one in particular.

I began to freak out again but Ashton grabbed my hand as he pulled me through the clusters of drunk girls all making googly eyes at him. I didn't feel jealous or anything. Ashton is dreamy, it's just a fact. But he's mine.

We pushed through the front door and the music was pounding so hard I couldn't form a coherent thought. People were jumping on couches and just acting completely ridiculous. I've never been more disgusted by my generation.

"Keep an eye out for them!" Ashton shouted over the noise.

We kept walking hand and hand through a few rooms until we finally found Carla, dancing on the counter.

"O em geeeee you guys made it!!!" She squealed and jumped down to hug me. Her breath already reeked of alcohol and caused me to take a step back.

"Where's Luke?" I yell.

"Why the hell would that bastard be here!" She laughed and flipped her long brown hair. I glanced at Ashton who was staring angrily at Carla.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I thought you guys were dating?" I added on.

"Luke!" She shouted and burst into laughter. "I ain't about the commitment"

"Carla, what are you trying to say." I try to calm her down.

"He was like acting like we were like together. and I was like dude chill out like we're not dating or anything and then he got really pissy and I haven't talked to him since." She said and made a face like I was suppose to magically understand what she just said.

"Well, how was he suppose to know that you guys weren't dating?" Ashton told her.

"Ya he really liked you," I sigh and immediately remember what he had said about her that day.

"Okay this is a party not one of your fucking support groups Amelia now stop telling me how to live my life!" She yells.

Ouch.

"I can play and kiss whoever the hell I want!" She continues. "You're not my fucking mother."

Ouch.

"Back off, you're her friend." ashton tells her.

"Well I'm sick of it! This isn't sixth grade and life's gonna hit you hard and you can't cry like a fucking baby and run to your mom and tell her you want to drop out of school and just leave me! You need to grow the hell up. When I got that call from you the other day, I was so close to not answering it just cause I didn't want to deal with your problems anymore!"

Ouch.

I stood there stunned. Not knowing what to say. What could I say? My "best friend" just told me to grow up. Then out of no where, Carla grabs ahold of Ashton's collar and says, "I do what I want, and I know you'd like that better," before smashing her lips into his, right. in. front of me.