Chapter 7

Ashton begins to laugh probably the hardest I've ever seen him laugh. It's a really adorable laugh to.

"Wowww man," Ashton pats Luke on the back. Luke looks down at his shoes clearly embarrassed.

I don't understand how people can be so shallow. Making out on the first date? Who does that? On the other hand, I've never been on a date so maybe that is the new thing. I don't know. I want to be mad at Carla, I feel the need to be. But if we are going to be friends again, I don't think that's the way to start.

The only words I can think to speak are "Oh my god."

"I think this is our cue to go," Carla finally says. Her and Luke glance at each other for the last time of the night and it's so disgusting. Before I even think to say goodbye to Ashton, Carla and I are already in the car.

The ride home with Carla is living hell. She doesn't speak, nor put music on. I've heard to much silence today that I'm not in the mood to go through it again. So I finally say,

"It's okay, you know?"

"Really? Thank god! I couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer!" She laughs. "He is soooo hot!! Why didn't you give me a warning!" She gleams. I've never seen her act this way. Over a boy at least. It's like a little kid on christmas morning.

"I had never met him before." I say quieter than she had been speaking.

"Clearly! Your boyfriends pretty adorable, he has really fluffy hair." She giggles.

"He's not my boyfriend." I state.

"What?" She gasps. "Well you should let him no because I don't think he knows that."

Now that I think about it, I guess he doesn't really know. The conversation ends on that note and we finally pull into my driveway. I step out of the car and Carla rolls down the window.

"Thanks for a great night." She winks. "Until next time?"

"Until next time." I sigh and close my front door behind me.