Chapter 25 || This is how it ends

"Well what happened?" He rocks back and forth on the edge of his bed.

"He passed away that night. From an aneurism." I tell him and the familiar pain returns to my heart.

"Aw that's really sad." He frowns and intertwined his tiny fingers into mine. I smile in some form of agreement.

It's been 15 years since I fell in love with Ashton Irwin. I was only 17 years old at the time.

Long since then my life has been an unexpected chain of events. But now, I'm actually married, and I have a beautiful 5 year old son. I named him Ashton.

I never thought I could love again after losing him. I'm still surprised I did. But I know I could never love anyone the way he loved me.

I still see him. In my dreams, in my son. I know he's with me, always. I don't really want to explain my grieving process but I tend to try and forget it all together.

My husband, Calum, he's a great man. I used to feel guilty, but I know Ashton wanted me to be happy.

Alice passed away a few years after from purely a broken heart. And I was left with an unexpected surprise in her will. She left me the coffee shop. My family and I run it.

As for Luke, well he's a lot better now. He is actually Ashton's god father. We're great friends now. Carla, well I haven't seen her since that night. I hope she's okay.

I told my son this story because I needed to tell him that love is real. To never have doubts about it. That it comes in the darkest of times. He's my pride and joy.

Well, I don't want to tell you every detail about the story of Ashton and I because well, that's between us and will die with us.

When you lose someone, no matter how many condolences you receive, you always have a missing piece of you.

Calum tried his very best to fill that whole. But a piece of me will always belong to Ashton Fletcher Irwin.

I hope you enjoyed our love story. That's how it started, and I guess you could say this is how it ends.