Chapter 20

I didn't start crying. I didn't know what my emotion was supposed to be. I look down at my phone and I have 8 missed calls from him. But they were all from about an hour ago.

I look at the sights around me. A drunk kid puking in the bushes, a couple making out on the lawn, a boy tripping to the ground, and no Ashton.

Out of anger and desperation, I begin to walk home.

I walked along the side walk, until there was no more. Then I began walking on the side of the road. It was the time of night where no cars drive by, because everyone is at home. So I begin walking in the street.

I kick at the rocks. This road brings back memories. And I wish they weren't good ones. I hate Carla. You trust someone for so long and you have all these great memories, and then they just go around and stab you in the back.

How am I going to explain everything to my mom. She'd kill me if she knew I was at a party like this. She'd kill me if I told her what Carla said. She wouldn't believe me.

She'd yell at me and say "if you don't want to be her friend, that's fine! Just don't make up rumors!"

I give up. how could things get any worse. Is this it for me? Is this as bad as it gets? I've felt worse. Maybe because deep in the back of my mind, I knew that this would happen.

My thoughts were then interrupted as a car comes speeding down the road.

My first instinct was to freeze. The car kept coming and I didn't move. Why can't I move? It was as if my feet were glued to the street. The head lights quickly grew larger.

I heard the screeching of the breaks, a little to late, and I still didn't move.