7: Application And A New(ish) Face?

[Peter Parker's POV]

Peter caught his breath after he swung onto the nearest roof. He had to stop somebody from stealing a car, luckily it wasn't the guy's car this time. He took out his phone and checked back over some messages with Tony Stark.
Texting the older man always left him with a bittersweet feeling. He enjoyed it, but the memories of the better times hurt.

Times when Peter wasn't so alone when there were people who knew him. Those were the better times. Back when there were so many people who knew and cared about him. Times when he was free. Free from responsibility, well, that wasn't true. Ever since he got that spider bite, he's always been burdened with [Glorious purpo- anyways]
responsibility, he had to make sure people were safe after all. It was just easier when he had others backing him up.

That didn't matter now, he couldn't dwell on the past.

He glanced back over the texts. Part of him wanted to take the offer for the internship, it would be great to see his idol Read ex-mentor- out of the suit. (even though he wasn't seeing him either way-)

Even when he was fighting alongside him, Peter always felt excited knowing he was fighting beside the Tony Stark.
It always gave him a little thrill, but the chances of him even seeing Tony at the internship is low. So why even try? Peter shook his head. He had lost everything he cared about to being Spider-Man. It was about damn time he did something for Peter Parker
There was just one issue, how was he supposed to get the application? Looks like he had to ask a certain contact.

[Kiddo]
Hey, how am I supposed to get the application papers for the internship?

[Mr. Stark]
So your applying?

[Kiddo]
Maybe. I'm not quite sure yet.

[Mr. Stark]
Well, you can just go to the SI website and just go to the career opportunity thingy button thing.

[Kiddo]
Uh-huh. You sound confident.

[Mr. Stark]
Whatever, you get the gist. I have to go to a meeting I'm fashionably late for.

[Kiddo]
Bye, Mr. Stark.

Peter found himself with a fond smile as he pocketed his phone, he found he didn't regret texting Tony as much as he had thought he might.

Opening up the internet page on his phone, he searched for the application, finding it after a few short minutes. He started filling it out, scanning through the electric application.

It was then he remembered that he didn't exist, not legally. Peter swore under his breath. What the hell was he supposed to do now? All he had under his name was a run-down apartment and a small job, which he had only gotten because the owner (Who Peter knew, but Mr. Delmar didn't remember him.) was a kind soul.

Normally it might not matter, but the fact was he was applying for SI, so maybe he should ask Mr. Stark. But wasn't he in a meeting?
Eh, whatever.

[Kiddo]
I know this may be a bad time but I'm having an issue with the application.

The reply came within fifteen minutes.

[Mr. Stark]
What's the problem kiddo?

[Kiddo]
Just hypothetical, but what do you do if you have very few records of yourself? Like maybe only where you live and your job is the only information under your name.

[Mr. Stark]
How hypothetical is this kid?

[Kiddo]
Very.

[Mr. Stark]
Uh-huh.

Well, there is a test at the back of the application that you can take to show your IQ,  just try and score high enough, and maybe they'll overlook the strange fact that you have no information under your name.

[Kiddo]
Okay, bye!

[Mr. Stark]
Bye kid.

Peter quickly swiped down the site until he found that test, downloading it and sending it to his computer for him to do when he got home.

For now, he should be checking if his city is doing alright, taking a running jump as he backflipped off the building he had been standing on seconds before.

Shooting a web out and letting out a cheer as he swung through the chilly September air.

The cheer quickly died out when the sound of somebody talking reached his ears.
"Shut up star man, I'm trying to track the guy!" Hissed out a male voice.
"Why couldn't you have sent Tasha? Right, a new face is helpful. Sure." The man muttered.

Peter landed on the side of the building the guy was on, focusing his super hearing on the sound of the man speaking. After being bit by that spider, his senses had been dialed up to eleven. It had been rather painful to adjust to his new powers. Sensory overloads still happened to this day.

That wasn't the point, he needed to focus on this strange man.
He sounded so familiar.

"Tasha, I get it. Don't let him know I'm watching him- oh shit he's gone. Hold on." The man grumbled and looked around.

Their eyes met.

Archer starred at arachnid.

Spider starred at an Avenger.

Oh shit.

"Sooooo, hi there?" Clint Barton spoke up. "Hello," Peter responded.

The silence was so thick Peter could have cut it with an axe. He spoke again. "Well, you did a great job." While this sounded sarcastic, Peter meant it. If Peter had only been a bit more distracted the archer could have followed him a lot further.

"Gee thanks, man." The older man shot back. "You seemed to be excited earlier, good news?"

"You could say that. Can we cut to the chase? I have a job to get to early in the morning." Was that too much information? It seemed rather vague to Peter.

"Oh sure. Can I ask what job?"

"No."

"Understood. So I guess I should say why I'm following you?" Clint stated.

"Yeah, that would be nice."

"Well I'm not supposed to tell you but I will anyways." The Avenger said.

Well okay then.

"So Nick Fury has his shorts all up in a twist that he no longer knows who you are.  That's right. You. So he's sending us Avengers to find out, and find out what happened last month?" Clint hummed in thought before continuing. He adjusted the setting on his hearing aids first.
"Except none of us want to do that. I mean we want to know who you are and what happened, but we won't pressure you into telling us." The last statement was quickly added when Spider-Man took a step back.

"We just want to make sure you're alright."

Peter sighed quietly. Of course, that's all they wanted. What else would he expect?

"So...You're following me to make sure I'm alright?"

"Pretty much."

The vigilante wasn't sure what to do now. Luckily the other spoke up again.
"Look, I have to get back now but...Stop by sometime, please? Everyone is worried about you."

[1163 words. Okay, I'm sorry about not publishing earlier! I had a lot of stuff going on this week.

Bye Stardrops]