11: Internship.

Peter laughed a bit before deciding to leave it at that. The day had gone on long enough, of course there was still the matter of patrol. So after a few hours of patrolling, he went home. Feeling rather like the character of a bad fanfiction.

It had been a long long weekend. Long work shifts upon long patrol hours made Peter just want to sleep for days. As he lay in his bed at 2:30 Sunday morning, he thought about what he had ahead of him.

The internship. He had been texting Tony about it, and if the small-time hero was being honest he was excited. Working in labs, maybe working alongside Tony again? That thrilled him. And if he could just catch a small bit of rest it would be perfect.

The hours slowly ticked by and Peter Parker was still awake, which was not surprising but still it wasn't much fun. Peter picked up his phone, staring at the much too-bright screen before unlocking it with the passcode.

1 new message from Mr. Stark

Mr. Stark? Why was he texting him so early? It was four A.M now, and the message was just ten minutes old. He sighed and checked it.

[Mr. Stark]
I can't wait for you to start, if you think I won't find you then you are mistaken.

[Kiddo]
Nah.

[Mr. Stark]
WHY ARE YOU AWAKE?!!

[Kiddo]
You're the one who texted me??? 😑

[Mr. Stark]
I mean yeah but you shouldn't be awake.

[Kiddo]
You're one to talk, you have an important job at SI right?

[Mr. Stark]
Yes. Now you sleep. I'll sleep.

Peter rolled his eyes. Mr. Stark hadn't changed. Maybe he would have fun at the internship.

[Kiddo]
Yeah, but my body isn't going to let me sleep anymore tonight.

[Mr. Stark]
Kiddo, you should at least put the phone down. That way at least your eyes aren't strained.

Kiddo has changed [Mr. Stark]'s name to [Mother]

[Mother]
Don't. You. Dare.

Peter grinned to himself, deciding to follow Mr. Stark's advice and putting the phone down. He laid back after checking the time. 4:35. How wonderful. He could feel his phone buzz angrily for a moment before stopping.

He exhaled softly, laying down in his bed. Peter closed his eyes and simply lay there the rest of his night. He never fell asleep, but he did feel less tired.

While he lay there, a pang of nostalgia hit him. How many nights had he and Mr. Stark stayed up texting each other? How many times had this same scenario happened?

Too many times to count, too many to think about. It left Peter with a bitter taste in his mouth. He decided to not think about it. It wasn't worth the time. Speaking of time it was time for him to get up.

While Tony himself had never told him what time to arrive, Peter had received an email from Stark Industries stating that he would be there from 9-5 much like a proper job. It was 5:30 now. If he hurried he could get some patrol in.

So he got up, taking a little time to take a cold shower. He moved quickly to get into his suit. Peter would return to change into an outfit for the internship. The email had said to wear things he would be able to work in a lab with. So at least it wasn't anything fancy.

Peter glanced around outside his window to make sure he wasn't under any watch. Once it was all clear, he swung out the window and into the cold morning air.