12: Lunch Break And More Questions.

Peter nodded and walked out of the elevator, only to be greeted with a collision.

"Ah, shit."

"CLINT!"

PETER POV.
Peter rubbed his aching head. He was now lying on the floor. What in the world had happened? He had just stepped out of the elevator when he was run into.

Thanks for the warning Spidey-sense.

Somebody was leaning over him and trying to tell him something. Peter focused back on the real world.

"Son, are you okay?" That voice...It was painfully familiar. Oh no.

The man leaving over him was Steve Rodgers.

Just his luck.

Peter realized he should answer him before Rodgers got any more worried about him.

"I'm uh- I'm alright, sorry, did I- did I run into you?" Peter asked, trying to figure out what had happened.

"No, sorry. My colleague here wasn't looking and ran into you."

Peter looked over and saw a quite sheepish Clint Barton.

What even was today? First, he was stiffed out of his actual intern duties, and now this.

"Come on, let's get you off the floor son." Before Peter could register the statement, he felt himself lifted off the floor and set onto his feet.

Peter leaned against the wall to regain balance before looking at the worried Avengers.

"Ah, kid- I'm sorry- you okay there?" Clint asked, Peering at the boy in front of him.

"I'm fine, just a bit startled if anything," Peter stated wanting to not worry the two.

"Okay... Oh! You must be one of the interns, right?" Clint looked at Peter's badge before continuing. "Peter Parker?" Peter couldn't deny how odd it felt to have somebody he knew, who was a real person, hearing his own name. It brought back too many memories.

"Uhm, yes- That's me." Oh God, that sounded awkward.

Steve frowned. "Aren't you guys supposed to be in the lab? Why are you down here?" There was a suspicious undertone to his question.

Clint rolled his eyes. "God, old man. He's probably on his lunch break. You don't gotta grill the kid."

Steve blinked before nodding, looking a bit embarrassed by his reaction.

Peter relaxed slightly, not wanting to have an Avenger suspicious of him already. It was only the first day after all.

"Well, I think to make up for our unfortunate collision, me and Steve here will sit with ya! Now how's that sound?"

That sounded horrible, but he just meekly nodded. It would be suspicious if he said no to sitting with two Avengers. Most kids his age would be dying for a chance like this.

Then again, he wasn't like most kids his age was he?

"Great, we're at the table by the big plants," Steve stated. "So just head over when you have your food."

Peter nodded and headed to the counter where a buffet-style lunch was set out. He could smell how wonderful all the food tasted, it made his stomach cry out and he felt a bit embarrassed about that fact.

Peter felt insanely hungry. He hadn't been eating enough to support his insane metabolism. He was barely eating enough for a normal person.

So it's safe to say he had a decent-sized plate. Once he had his plate he glanced around to find the two men and headed there after seeing them.