Hanabata (Trumpet)

Hanabata remembers the amount of invites he had sent to his motivational speeches back when he was an influential speaker.

He can still feel the disappointment when almost no one showed up to his first talk.

It was back when he was just trying to encourage others with his pure words, nothing that was twisted in honey with his quirk. Hanabata recognized the blue screens in the dark room when he was trying to genuinely improve people's daily lives. The amount of time he put into presentations was washed away when he noticed how glassy eyed the gaze became within the first ten minutes of his talk. They never wanted to listen any further to what he had to say.

But he didn't give up. He booked more gigs, made more presentations with stylized editing to keep their attention, and just marketed himself as a sense of peace towards the masses. When he did that, he had more audience members enjoying and actually showing up to the speeches. Yet the short lived success was just... short. The joyful Hugh lasted only for a month and a half before everything went back to 'normal'.

And not once had his invitations ever been answered. The emails, texts, voicemails, letters, or postcards were never graced with an answer.

Until he read about Destro's ideals.

At the moment, he starts using his quirk under his tone in his motivational speeches. Each encouraging word was exactly what everyone wanted to hear which kick-started him until the world of political campaigns.

And yet, now he was even lower than he was before he became a motivational speaker. He was a criminal for telling people what they wanted to hear, controlling them with each word.

And any thought about returning right back to where he started was out the window. Hell, any hope of starting from the beginning was probably useless as well. If he was even able to get out of this reform, whether legally or illegally, none of his previous fans or followers would trust him ever again.

So when he woke up from a very restless sleep, he followed orders like he had always done before. He was recruited for his encouraging work. And now he had to fester up enough of that kind of energy to talk with the therapist.

He yawned when he walked down the hallway, entering the bathroom at the end of the hall that he was just in hours ago. Hanabata waved his face with the cold water and rinsed his mouth to feel fresher. He brushed his hair back with his wet hands just lightly enough that his hair didn't look like a wet rat.

Hanabata stared at his reflection and barely recognized himself, especially with the significantly dark eye-bags. Unfortunately, he didn't have any way to hide his eye-bags, so the only thing he had to do now was to find the therapist and get started on the plan.

He saw Midoriya downstairs while he carefully marched down the stairwell, holding onto the rail like he was going to fall over if he didn't pay attention.

The therapist greeted him once he saw him. Hanabata scratched the back of his neck. "Hey, are you busy at all today?"

"Hmm?" Midoriya hummed in response before answering, "Oh, not at all. What do you need?"

"Can we get started on a session? I figured I might as well... get started," Hanabata replied easily. "You know? It's not like I have anything to lose from it."

"Alright," Midoriya answered. He glanced at the kitchen with a nod of his head. "Do you need any refreshment before we head into the office?"

"Um, yeah. Sure," Hanabata responded. He hesitated as he walked into the kitchen and pulled the fridge door open. He pulled out a water bottle before whipping his head to stare at the therapist. "Do you want one?"