07| Deception

My labored breathing and the repetitive sound of my footsteps pattering against the damp concrete is the only thing I can hear as I run through the streets

My labored breathing and the repetitive sound of my footsteps pattering against the damp concrete is the only thing I can hear as I run through the streets. Turning quick corners, I try to focus my thoughts on a plan to get out of my sticky situation. I could tell that I was heading out of the city into the outer rough parts. The adrenaline was fading, I could feel a burning spread over my back from Monroe's nails and I was becoming exhausted.

Okay, Lola. You can't do this for much longer. Find a car, steal it, and get the fuck out of here. Can't be hard right?

I was wrong. It was hard. A blare of sirens caused me to halt and I pressed my body into the shadows. I stay here and take the opportunity to breathe. I wait and wait until the fading sound of sirens turns to silence. When I finally think that I can relax the same annoying blaring returns.

I step forward and watch the lights glowing away from me. I run the opposite way the police cars are heading to. Five streets later, I decide to cross the alley that leads from Huberson to Coral Street. I was halfway through the alleyway when I heard a door slam.

"We can't find her, miss."

The walkie-talkie barked as the silhouette of a man appeared. He walked through the alley, casually, almost like he was bored. I ducked behind a garbage can, my back pressed against the rustic metal as the footsteps got closer. The exposed skin against the metal brought back the slight burning. It crept across my back, and a throbbing began, as the man's footsteps came to an abrupt stop.

The smell of the dumpster leaves a sour expression on my face. It was the nastiest thing I've ever smelled and I once stayed in a house full of dead bodies under the Texas summer heat. My hand tried to muffle the smell by covering my nose and I sucked in a quiet breath through my mouth.

"Alright, Agent Slaughson, head to the meeting point." The walkie-talkie gurgled.

"Copy that." Agent Slaughson said. His footsteps fade away as the walkie-talkie repeats the phrase, "Not here, miss."

The breath that I had been holding released slowly. When I am sure that I won't be caught I pull myself from the metal trash can. I peek out from behind my hiding spot and see the officer start his car. The starting engine is loud and echoing through the alleyway as he backs out. For a second, he pauses, and I am concerned that he has spotted me. I whipped back into my hiding place and I waited until I hear the tires tread down the street.

Relieved that I avoided an annoying situation, I stand to full attention. I needed to get out of the city, now. Not only that but I needed a phone if I was going to get to a safe place. The grime from the ground makes me shudder as I wipe my hands on my pants.

I was going to need to make my way to the busy part of the city. It was stupid, absolutely, but it was the only plan that I could come up with that would get me the car that I needed.

More importantly, I needed to get a shirt. The temperature of the night was starting to creep up on me. As long as I was running, I was fine but that would only last for so long.

Sprinting down alleyways was easy when there was no one around that you could spook or bump into. But the more I got closer to the western part of the city, the more people crowded the alleyways doing this that I would like scrubbed from my memory. I found myself settling into a quick walk but that's all I could do.

My time in the alleyways was going to come to an end because I was running out of pathways. I would soon be forced onto the street and that would not be a fun time. At the moment though, the dark alleyways were my salvation even though dark faces stared back at me in the black night. Their eyes follow me hungrily all for different reasons — all for a different kind of hunger.

I'm in the alleyway of a bar when suddenly the eyes that were just watching eyes, now had hands. The sudden footsteps approached me rushingly before a strong grip grasped my arm. I flicked around, worrying if it was another cop.

"Well hello there." His words slurred as his breath leaked some type of alcohol. The guy was wasted, I tugged my arm a bit signaling the man to let me go.

"Whoa, where you going, sweetheart?"

"None of your business," I growl out. He didn't like that. His hands gripped tighter around my wrist, and he lurched toward me, his legs stumbling to keep balance. I roll my eyes as I raise my knee, flinging my foot forward in the tiny gap between his legs. He yelped, as his hands freed my wrists, knowing to focus on the impact I had done on his crotch.

Kicking him down, I scoff out of disgust and annoyance before sliding past him. He was nothing but a drunken idiot. I make my way back down the alleyway, heading towards the streetlight at the end of the alley.

Dammit. I wound up in an empty parking lot, nothing but the vast void of darkness nearly enveloping the dim streetlights. There was nothing but one car residing in the parking lot. Its lights were still on, the car was running, and suddenly I had a plan.

Shifting my bra so that my boobs are in full view, I lower the waistband on my pants so that they sat right above the reveal of my vagina. My body was so toned that I had developed a V-line that accented the space between my legs. It was a very seducing feature that I possessed and it gave off a very slutty effect. I cross the parking lot with a swing of my hips.

What I had planned? Jack the person's car. How? That was to be decided after a series of circumstances. If he was a reasonable man he wouldn't let me in his car and if he did let me in his car, he deserved to get it jacked.

I stop in front of the passenger window, knocking while smiling devilishly, as I peered in to see a man. I didn't expect the look on his face. It was filled with disgust as his eyes narrowed. He rolled down his window, looking at me pitifully.

"What do you want?" He asked, his eyes making contact with me occasionally trailing to my body.

"Could I get a ride please?" I tilted my head, pouted my lips ever so slightly, and made sure that my boobs would find his vision. The man seemed to let the disgust go as his hands shift over to his crotch and he pulls his bottom lip between his teeth.

Disgusting.

I can tell he was deep in thought. I let him have his moment of hesitation because I already knew what his answer was going to be: he would if I gave him something in return. God, men were so simple.

"I'll give you something." I flick my hair over my shoulder and make sure my eyes were showing interest.

My confirmation was it. The door was unlocked, I slipped in, and silence filled the air as I glanced over at him with a smirk. His hand lowered to my thigh, caressing it harshly as his eyes stared at my chest.

"You know you really shouldn't let strangers into your car."

His hand stopped as he looked at me confused, "What?"

"I think you heard me, love." I raised my hand, gripped my knuckles, and got ready for a heavy punch.

" I raised my hand, gripped my knuckles, and got ready for a heavy punch