Chapter 1

I've updated a few scenes a bit. Nothing major if you've already read it. But you might still wanna read it

"... I've healed most of it, but it'll need to heal naturally in time. And see, it's just a scratch now, you'll be better in no time. So just rest now" Sakura assured the patient with a smile as she patted the wound and examined the face for any worries. When she found none, instead a face filled with gratitude, she felt elated, happy to be of help to so many people.

She sighed as she walked away from the patient rooms towards the hustling and bustling of the main corridor. It's been a week since the war was over. And she being the medic didn't get a chance to get even a wink of sleep since the fourth day. She was exhausted to her bones and she knew it. She's run herself ragged dry of her chakra more than twice and has been eating chakra pills to replenish it. She knows she'll pay the price of this in the coming days. 'I don't think I'm gonna survive the backlash' she mused to herself.

"Sakura" the familiar voice called out to her.

"Yes Shishou" she stood attentive, her posture betraying the fact that she's spent and will keel over in a couple hours as things stand.

"Everyone is analysed?" Tsunade asked as Sakura's eyes followed her arms as she folded them under her large bosom. She won't admit out loud, but she knows she's quite jealous of them and imagines what would she be like with them. "Eyes up here Sakura" she chided.

Sakura flushed deep red in embarrassment at being caught staring. She shook her thoughts away and cleared her throat as she focused on her Shishou's face. She opened the patient files and recalled every single one's current condition and what to expect.

"Well done. I'll send sanaki for the rounds next time" she said distractedly as she looked at the information in the files she gave her. After a moment, she looked at Sakura with a wry smile "And Look at you, all grown up and taking responsibilities and the duties. I knew I could count on you." She chuckled as she watched her apprentice blush deep red at those words of praise showered at her.

"I... Thank you Shishou. It's because I learned from the best" she averted her eyes, as being not able to make eye contact with her mentor out of sheer embarrassment.

"Nonsense. You're the strongest kuniochi and they're calling you one of the new generation Sannin now. After single handedly saving the shinobi's from the sure deaths, you deserve these praise don't you think so?" She decided to further her embarassment.

"I.. I.. um.. ye... Oh..." She couldn't form words as her blush started creeping onto her neck. Tsunade couldn't keep it in and bellowed out a laughter which rang out in all directions.

"Look at your face. Gaki, you're not good with complements are you?" She teased.

"Ahh Tsunade Sama. Stop it" she cried with her head behind her hands. Watching her all embarrassed, she decided to be merciful.

"Enough sweet talk. I'm here for a official business." That gained Sakura's full attention as she switched into her professional persona. "I'm here to discuss Uchiha Sasuke" she said as she moved towards the highly safeguarded location of the hospital two floors above with anbu posted where Sasuke was currently admitted. Sakura followed besides with heavy heart, concern filling her every nerve as she was unsure about his future.

"There's just too many unknowns with him" she started as she moved around the nurses, careful of someone overhearing. "When you healed his arm and admitted him here after he lost consciousness, we ofcourse had to strip him away of his powers. That means, no chakra. We wanted to seal away his eyes, but with his rinnegan, we don't know how the eyes will react, or even if the seal will work on it. And also, we didn't want him to wake up blind and go on a rampage, so we waited for him to regain consciousness and tell him of the seal"