Chapter 5

Tsunade looked at the mission scroll and did a double take. She exhaled through her nostrils in a concious effort to not laugh at the contents as she looked at the person standing in front of her.

The person bristled at the look on her face "Please don't laugh Hokage sama. This is a serious matter"

Another wave of laughter awoken inside of her from deep within the chest as couple of them leaked out and threatened to overtake her, but she stifled the urge by clearing the throat.

"Ofcourse, ofcourse. We treat every client and their mission request seriously and with utmost importance, respect and care here at Konohagure." She tried to be serious, but failed to keep her face and eyes from grinning in amusement time and again, which she would then rectify with a cough.

The man looked at her defeated, resigned and desperate "Please Hokage sama. The shinobi san at the mission centre refused to lodge in my request thinking I am a troll-"

Tsunade could just imagine the deadpanned face and the snark he must've pulled. She cleared her throat to pass her laughter as a cough, but she knows that he's not foolish and he knows that he's being laughed at, but he continued to bear it.

"-and told me to drop my Henge or risk irrevocable damage to my self"

"Ah. I apologise for his rudeness. You see we have to check authenticity of every mission request we get. It's protocols. I'm sure you understand it. But don't worry we'll deal with it now."

"Thank you Hokage sama" he bowed deep.

"Is every information pertaining to your request in this scroll?"

"Hai"

"Alright. We'll send our shinobi at the latest to check this out and carry out the mission. Just pay the fees before you leave."

"Hai Hokage sama. And thank you. We villagers will never forget your assistance. You have no idea how much of a nuisance those pests have become in our village"

She couldn't control anymore and bellowed out loud, shaking with the laughter emerging from deep within her. The scrolls dropped from her hands and onto the desk, which read "Extermination of Rodents"

------

The dinner plan by Naruto was working well, if going by the smiles on everyone's faces, Kakashi thought. Since Naruto recently passed his Jounin exams, he wanted to celebrate with everyone, so everyone chimed in, some out of their busy schedule to meet and greet.

It was a rare night this, he admitted, where he had dinner with his team- his almost family of sorts, his friends and other regulars. It's been long time awaiting, where he could take a step back, and just relax.

They all talked, or rather complained (bitched was the term Yamanaka used) about their respective responsibilities and works.

Although, everyone mostly mingled with their usual quantities. Him with Kurenai, Gai, Tenzo, or rather, Yamato. Iruka tagged along seeing as he was elderly and nearer to their age more than Naruto's. But he mostly kept to himself though.

Well, It was going well, until Kurenai mentioned them of the misfortune run in his finger had with her eye.

The scathing looks he recieved from Asuma's kids and her own kids is something, he likes to think, is reserved for enemies. (Except Hinata- that kid is too nice for her own good) But he brushed them off by being nonchalant, relaxed and laid back like he always is.

It would have been better if she hadn't continued further. But no, she had to mention his once in a life time offer to catch up with a friend (and an apology mixed somewhere in there, that he is sure of) and now he's suffering for it.