Chapter 3

A very important note at the end.

With a sudden jerk to his body, he became concious.

His mind was blank. Still within a fog. At the moment, he had no concept of thoughts. It was as if he had woken up from a deep slumber.

He sensed deep down that something wasn't right, but he couldn't discern it.

His body felt as rigid as a stone. He couldn't move an inch as if he wasn't in control of his limbs and was having an out of body experience. The very first sensation he felt was, that everything hurt. His insides were on fire, outside he felt cold as ice. His heart was thumping in his chest so loud, his ears were ringing.

And with certain effort when he tried to open his eyes, it was then he realised that something was definitely wrong.

It was dark. Pitch black.

He blinked to get rid of the darkness, but couldn't, as much as he tried to.

Am I blind?

His eyes opened up in shock at the thought. Not believing this, he tried to get his hand close to his face to ascertain.

At first he couldn't even lift his hand, but with much difficulty he he finally managed to get control. His shoulder bones and ankle joints made popping sounds, affirming the fact of their non use.

With great efforts, he placed his hand on his stomach, then slid up to his chest, feeling the rough cloth over him and heard several other bone joints popping, making further noise.

He brought it to his neck feeling the necklace, then slid it up his chin, He skimmed over his mouth as he felt his dry rough lips and skipped his nose altogether. And lastly, he brought it dangerously close to where his eyes are, hoping to see his fingers.

But still, nothing. It was still a pitch black. He frowned at that. He let his hand mask over his face.

His mind then supplied to him that it wasn't dark, nor pitch black. But rather, it was a void. It was, nothing.

It is a void of pure nothingness.

To his dismay, it dawned on him that he really couldn't see.

I am blind.

His heart rate increased from the sudden revelation, but he managed to get it in control. He felt his chest started constricting in his efforts. His could feel his hands shake on his face but he simply held it firmly.

After much thought, his mind provided him a rope.

Blindness due to overuse of Mangekyo Sharingan.

He knew one day he would be blind, he just hoped that Sasuke would kill him befor- his thoughts suddenly came to a halting stop.

He knows he's missing something.

With much trepidation and shaking hands, he brought his fingers to his eyes and to his horror, his fingers went through where his eyes should be.

I- That- what? Oh! It dawned on him.

No.

No.

No. No. Nononononononono my eyes my eyes myeyesmyeyesmyeyesmyeyes

He panicked. And with each passing second his panic rose with alarming rate. His heart was thumping like it was going to burst out, with his heartbeat pulsating.

Get a grip, he spoke to himself, but try as he might he couldn't silence his mind from the inferno that was actively consuming his very mind.

His hand clenched around the cloth on his chest above his heart, praying that he'll get a grip on himself but even that didn't help.

He could feel the cold air whooshing within his eyelids and it made him sick to his stomach.

Suddenly, his insides were retching and he started convulsion-ing on himself. His chest was constricting again painfully.

And furthermore to his on growing horror, he realised he couldn't breathe and was now having a full blown panic attack.

He tried setting up a methodical breathing pattern, tried breathing with his mouth but his lungs were non responsive. It was as if his lungs were made up of ice, while his nose canal and his nerves are burning with the never ending fire of Amaterasu.

He knew that he was slowly losing consciousness. So in a last bout of survival instinct, he reached out deep within, tried to concentrate onto a single point and with force let it all out.

His eyes drooped further. He didn't know what he just did, but he hoped it did something. It wasn't something he did, resort to hope, but he did nonetheless.

And the last thing he assumed he heard as his senses gave out was a familiar shrill voice of cawing in a distance alongside what sounded like rhythmic beats of flapping, before he eventually succumbed to unconsciousness.

But that couldn't be, right? Because it would be hoping too much, wouldn't it?

(Note: I don't claim to know, nor understand what blindness is, and how it makes one feel in general or when they panic when they realise they are blind. This is purely hypothetical reaction and has nothing to do with reality. Please understand this. I haven't got any knowledge regarding this matter.)