Chapter 2: it could've been fun if you could've been the 1

The Viper Family chose to leave their servant life behind and they put up a little shop. They sold street food and quickly became popular for locals and tourists alike. The business grew and they were able to make it big. Now that the Viper Family's self-proclaimed best cook is back, business is booming better than ever.

Since they weren't able to foresee their success, they're a bit understaffed. So, Jamil finds himself here in Camel Bazaar buying ingredients. They had sold out right away only a few hours after they opened up. So here he is running errands for his parents.

"Ugh! Najma should be the one doing this!" Jamil cursed.

Jamil examined the list he had been given once again. He checked out the stuff he already got and he went to get the ones he was missing. He bumped into some old acquaintances, said hi, chatted for some time and left. He'd get an earful from his mother if he was late. So, he quickly got what he needed and left.

Is what he would like to do if he didn't bump into this crying lost child.

"Uh...kid you alright?" Jamil awkwardly asked.

The kid took one look at him and.

The kid started to cry harder...

"Hey- hey I'm not a bad guy!" Jamil tried to console the crying child. It was evident this child was not used to the crowd of Camel Bazaar. This child is cowering in fear, he's unfamiliar with this place. Jamil exhaled he needs to assess this situation carefully as a sensitive child is involved.

Jamil kneeled down so he didn't appear big in front of the child. "Hey... Look here, I'm not a bad guy... I won't hurt you." He patted his head gently.

He took a closer look at the child, he had short dark brown hair and red ruby eyes, and rich dark skin a few tones darker than him. He was also wearing a hood. "Why would a kid need a hood in this hot weather?"

Red eyes huh....

The child slowly calmed down; Jamil offered his handkerchief so that he could wipe the tears of the kid. The child was still sniffing a bit but nevertheless communication with him should be easier.

"Hey...so how did you get lost?" He asks, making sure he doesn't scare him again.

"W-well I saw an interesting toy t-then!" Tears were starting to form in his eyes again. "WAAAAAAAHHHHH PAPA!!! WHERE'S MY PAPA?!?"

Oh no. He's in distress once again, Jamil decided he could offer something like a keychain he has with him to calm him down. But sadly, it's barely working, at this point Jamil's patience was running out. He was also running late from his mother's errand. He seriously just considered leaving him there but.... intuition told him to help the child.

Jamil releases a big exhale." Listen kid, if you wanna see your Papa again you gotta tell me your name."

The child gave him a look. It was honestly indescribable he couldn't really tell what the kid was thinking until. "Are you.... A kidnapper?!?!"

Great. Just great.

More headache for Jamil. He's seriously regretting going back home right now.

"No, I'm not a kidnapper- look kid just tell me your name and we'll find your papa then I'll never see you again." He was straightforward, he didn't need to lie to a kid.

"Can I really trust you...?"

What is with this kid? This kid's parents must have some real trust issues huh. Then again, he was also taught not to trust strangers so it's understandable.

"Yes." Jamil calmly said his expression flat and unmoving.

"You're not gonna kill me?"

"Kill?" Ok seriously something's wrong with this kid.