Chapter 8: when you smile, you knock me out I fall apart

"Wake up asshole!"

"Ugh-" a pillow had landed hard onto Jamil's face, causing him to be startled, hitting his head on the bed frame and he then accidentally slipped on his blanket.

Najma let out a snort. Jamil glared at the girl. "What'd you do that for!?"

"It's late, Mom wants you to help out in the shop." Najma smirked. "So why were you out for two days?"

Jamil rolled his eyes. Not this bullshit again. "I swear to god if I had to explain to one more person- Look! I visited Kalim, he got sick, helped him out and left."

"Really? That's all?" Najma still has a smirk plastered on her face.

"YES!"

"Ugh! Boriiing! You haven't kissed him yet?"

"Whatever Najma, tell mom I'll be out after a shower." Jamil stood up and started fixing his bed.

"Whateveeeer." Najma waved goodbye as she left.

Jamil sighs and prepares for another annoying day with his sister.

It was quite a normal day at the shop. He was working in the kitchen getting orders and such. Quite honestly he still wasn't quite used to living here again. There was this sense of uncomfortability that he can't pinpoint. Maybe that was the effect of being away for a long time.

New orders come in and request he cooks, they serve it, they get paid, and the customer leaves. Rinse and repeat. It's a new cycle that he wasn't unfamiliar with. After all they spent years serving the Asims, serving locals was as easy as eating a pie.

Today was a weekday, therefore not a lot of people came to their shop, mostly kids that were going in or out of school, or adults that were craving some food. So in short, the day wasn't so busy and the shop closed early leaving Jamil with a lot of free time.

With nothing to do he grabbed his phone. He clicked the messaging icon and clicked on Kalim's name. He wanted to text him, but it seems that as soon as he opened the chat, he froze. He kept typing and erasing his messages, contemplating the right words to say. It went on until he was eventually pacing in his room back and forth and biting his thumb.

"Maybe...No..Ok what If I say... no that's weird.." Jamil groaned, how did typing a message become this hard?

"Ok... Kalim... how.. are.. you?..." Jamil furrowed his brows. It should be good enough..right?

"Ok and send...." And within seconds Kalim responded.

Kalim:
𝘐'𝘮 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥:) 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶?

"HOLY SHIT HE RESPONDED-" Jamil screamed for a moment, but stopped himself. That was definitely too loud; he could only hope his sister did not hear him.

Jamil:
𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘱 𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺. 𝘞𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘶𝘱 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘰

Kalim:
𝘈𝘸𝘸 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺? 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘺:(

Jamil softly smiled and began typing again.

Jamil:
𝘈𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬?

Kalim:
𝘠𝘦𝘴
𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺

From that statement Jamil's alarms quickly rang in his head.