Chapter 10: Sparks Fly

"What. Is. up bro!" Khalil cheerfully greeted.

The man was a large man. He was taller than Kalim and much more buff than Kalim, and definitely stronger than him. Though he is intimidating at first glance, this big boy has a big heart. Though his intentions may be great, he indefinitely fails at his attempts of being a brother...

"Khalil, what are you doing here?" Kalim asked.

"Oh nothing... just visiting you...." The man paused, "And here to invite you to a party!"

Kalim sighs once more, "Khalil- you know I don't do parties anymore right?"

"Oh c'mon! Unwind a little, you can use a break!-" Kalim then shushes the man, "First off, would I need to remind you of the last time we 'unwinded'?"

"Hey! It wasn't 'that' bad!"

"You were almost charged for car theft!!"

"That wasn't intentional!!! I was drunk, I thought that was my car!"

Kalim sighs disappointingly, "I'm not even gonna question how you got the keys for that car.. "

"C'mon bro, you need a little break from life- and don't argue with me here cuz you know that's true." Khalil argues.

Kalim knows it's true, he's exhausted and tired. But it's not like he can just do what he wants like he did before. He has a son to think about.

"Khalil, I have Amir I can't-"

"Then I'll babysit him!"

"Khalil, I love you, I do, but I won't trust you with children. Ever."

"I'm not that bad at babysitting!"

Kalim furrows his eyebrows remembering all those times he almost dropped their newborn siblings.

Kalim sighs again, "Khalil I get your point. I do. But it's not like I can be reckless, I have a family now.."

Khalil frowns, "Look... you married young, like you just turned 20 when you got married, don't you think it's fine to live your life a little- I mean- Elena is gone, go out there! And-"

"Khalil."

"-and Jamil is back, don't you think you should give him a chance? I mean you were really in lo-"

"Khalil!" Kalim yelled at the cutting of Khalil.

He breathes in and breathes out." I get your point, really I do. But it's not like I can just go up and go. What about Amir? Especially now that Elena is gone I'm all he has."

"Kalim, you don't have to do this alone. We're here- me, mom, and the rest of our siblings." Khalil argues again,

"Kalim I get that you don't trust most of our siblings but you have me. You were there when I cried, can't I do the same? You've been looking for her for like how long? 7 months? That's a long time, and you're getting exhausted. We all can see that. Not to mention your hectic work of running the family business."

Kalim stayed silent. He felt like a kid getting scolded, he's aware of how much he's working himself, but it's not like he can just- stop. There was work needed to be done. And work only he can fulfill.

"One day." Khalil broke the silence.

"Take one day off, I'll look after Amir."

"Khalil-"

"I won't be alone! I'll be with Najma. Is that ok?"

"Why would Najma- wait-" a sudden realization struck the sultan.