Chapter 13: I only see Daylight

"Damn they are good at this shit." Jamill muttered.

Jamil and Kalim with little Amir have been closely inspecting both Khalil and Najma for about 3 hours now, and they still have no idea what in the ever living hell they are planning. Probably nothing good which is why they're here in the first place.

"Shhh! More silently! We'll get caught!" Kalim shushed and whispered at Jamil, "And while you're at it, stop cussing around my child!"

"Yeah yeah I get it!" Jamil places his focus once again to those two.

They don't seem to be doing anything suspicious (Other than being suspiciously closer to each other). They simply played on the beach and casually collected shells, they swam, they ate and drank, and repeat. 

It took another hour for them to move and as soon as they did the little trio followed. There, they set up… a table?

The table was well decorated, it had a white cloth and red ribbons covering it. They also added a candle in the middle and two plates and two wine glasses and a bottle of red wine sealed with gold,(probably something from the Asims)

"What are they doing?" Jamil snarled.

"Wait- you don't think-" Kalim shot a wide-eyed glance at Jamil.

"Don't even continue that!" The Viper, already expecting the next few words, shouted.

"That-"

"Stop!"

"They're dating!?!?!?!?"

Jamil looked like he was just shot by a magical beam, he was very well aware of the attraction between the two. That doesn't mean he had to like it. Even when he was away Khalil came up in his conversations with Najma….. 

But now that they're actually dating….

His sister is dating Khalil Al-Asim….

"NOPE I CAN'T ACCEPT THIS! THAT GUY ISN'T UP TO HER STANDARDS!" He got up immediately.

Kalim responds, "What can you even do? Your sister is an adult and she can date whoever she wants."

Jamil pouts, "Doesn't mean I have to like the guy…" 

"Oh c'mon Jamil, Khalil isn't that bad cheer up!" He places a hand on his shoulder. 

Jamil just flops to the ground in disappointment. Amir pokes him, just making sure he's alive. 

"Oh c'mon Jamil, if they really are dating they won't keep it a secret for long" the sultan tried to reassure the viper.

After much convincing the three decided to go inside the beach house. Jamil was still feeling quite a bit shocked but eventually calmed down.

After much thought, they decided to just play by the beach. Kalim agreed on working less now so he could take a dip with Jamil and Amir. The child played in the sand joyfully dragging both his uncle and his father to the shore. 

It was a blissful experience, just the three of them on the shore. Kalim held onto his little one and Jamil's eyes softened around the two. It was wonderful, it was like they were a complete family. No other factors needed, in this moment alone it was just two guardians and one child laughing along the waves. 

It made Kalim's heart flutter, Jamil next to him coddling his child…

He would be the perfect father…

He shook that thought.

The world slowed down and for a minute, Kalim breathed. For once he was away from everything and it was just peace. But as slowly things seemed to go on just as fast the moment passed. Soon enough Kalim was engulfed in his thoughts once again. Once again he was reminded of the weight of his responsibility, it was cruel that his problems won't leave him even for a moment of rest. 

He can't help it.

His responsibilities became who he is.

"Who is Kalim Al-Asim at this point?" he wondered to himself.

Of course, Kalim's dim mood didn't go unnoticed by Jamil. He tapped the man's shoulder, lending an ear. 

"Kalim, you're dozing off again… what's wrong?" Worry filled the Viper's voice. 

"Uh- yes- just… I'm just thinking about the work I probably missed out on.." he lied.

Jamik sighed, "There you go again with your workaholic mindset. We're here because you need to just rest and relax y'know!!"

Kalim flinched as Jamil scolded him and suddenly they were back to their highschool days…

"Kalim! don't forget your homework!"

"Kalim don't touch anything!"

"Kalim don't go there alone! It's dangerous!!" 

Kalim let out a small giggle at the memories, Jamil raised a brow, "What are you giggling about?" 

"Hehe~ nothing! I just remembered something good!" His bright smile rose and the sun set behind him, the light illuminating him.

Ah

"I haven't seen that smile in a while.."

Jamil's eyes sparkled with the glorious sight. Jamil was mesmerized, It was so easy for Kalim to just sweep him off his feet, way too easy. The wind brushes against their skin and once again the world slows down. It was just them and no one else. 

Kalim grabs Amir's hand and this time he plays with him as Jamil watches.

That precious smile he hasn't seen for years and years on end, the smile that made him fall for him…

"Really… I'm so in love with you…"

Jamil would never say it out loud though.

But that's alright, he doesn't need to.

This is enough.