Chapter 7: Mother Duck And Baby Swan

"P-premature?!" I exclaimed after hearing Hephaestus' explanation about Aphrodite's doubtful appearance. "She looks like that because she was born prematurely?"

Hephaestus nodded his head.

"I don't know the reason but her birth is premature causing her to look like a child. Aphrodite was supposed to be born as a fully grown Goddess," Hephaestus told me before looking down at Aphrodite who was clinging to my clothes. 

"Where are you looking at?" Aphrodite asked in a sassy tone. The little deity hugged my thighs tighter. "Mother, who is that man? Do you know him?" She asked while pointing her little fingers at Hephaestus.

Hephaestus stared at Aphrodite while raising his brows.

"My name is Hephaestus," Hephaestus replied to her before glancing at me. "I am with Asche. May I ask why are you calling my Nymph as your Mother?"

Aphrodite frowned.

"Because she's my Mother! Is there any reason for that?" Aphrodite replied with displeasure. "How about you? What are you doing with my Mother? It's impossible that you're my father but I can consider that."

"It's alright if you won't consider."

"Then you're not my father..?"

"I don't know, ask yourself," Hephaestus replied to obviously confuse the deity. "I don't even know the answer."

The little Aphrodite had a confused look on her face.

Hephaestus averted his eyes as he shook his head. His electric blue orbs went to me with a questioning gaze. Unfortunately, I can only give him a shoulder shrug and a clueless expression on my face.

The Blacksmith suddenly pulled me gently closer to him.

"I don't know the reason, but that Deity considers you as her mother," Hephaestus whispered to me, making sure that Aphrodite won't be able to listen to us. "Do you have any idea about what happened?" 

I shook my head. "I don't have any idea."

I'm so confused as well...

I don't know the reason but this child, or to be precise... Aphrodite, just cling to me and decided to me mother or whatnot.

I wonder why she's calling me mother? Aphrodite already stated that we were nothing alike, the big difference in our 'beauty' is freaking huge and very obvious. It can't be because I gave birth to her, correct?

I never got pregnant!

No matter how you look at it, she looks like a Swan following a Duck!

"Mother, is he your husband?" Aphrodite suddenly asked as she pulled the hem of my clothes. The child glared at Hephaestus. "If he's not, then put your hands away from my Mother," She told to Hephaestus.

"And if I am?" Hephaestus asked the Deity as he raised his brows. "Will you let go of her clothes? I never made her clothes to be touched by someone else."

My cheeks blushed when I heard him say that. I know that this guy is just messing up with Aphrodite for some unknown reason, but I find it cute by the way.

"You're her Husband? Then you're my father?" Aphrodite frowned. The deity suddenly pouted before crossing her arms. "What a bizarre taste for a husband tho..."

Bizarre taste?

Hey! Did this child just insult my taste in men? 

This brat has no eye for beauty and muscles. She doesn't know the beauty standard of the 21st century!