Chapter 15: Demeter's Oath

"My wife, Persephone," Hades softly mumbled when he glanced at his wife who was smiling at him. He lifted both of his arms in the air, asking for her embrace. "Come here, I've been longing for you."

Persephone let out a lively smile before running into his arms. It was such a beautiful moment for the two Deities. To be reunited with the one you love.

If only Asche had popcorn, this scene would be more magical.

"You know that I was also longing for you," Persephone mumbled. Hades leaned closer to rest his forehead on hers. "Don't worry, months will easily pass by, and I'll eventually return to you."

"I understand, and I will always wait for you," Hades replied with a smile. "But how I wish I could spend a whole year without letting your mother take you away..."

Persephone giggled.

On the other hand, Asche was quietly watching the couples with amusement on her face. So this is how the famous underworld lovers flirt? How sweet!

'I'd also love to have a lovey-dovey reunion with my sexy lovely Hephae---'

That is what the pervert nymph was thinking.

Asche woke up from her delusions when she Persephone's voice again. She can't help but watch the lovely couple flirt with each other.

"You are silly, you can always visit me in the mortal world.."

"I love it when you suggest lovely things," He mumbled in her ears. "I'd do that, my wife. When your mother wasn't looking."

Ahem!

Hades and Persephone both glanced at Demeter when they heard her clear her throat. Wrinkles were forming on her beautiful face, she was clearly displeased with the 'Lovey-dovey' moment between the two.

"Hades, what do you need from me?" Demeter, Goddess of the harvest, asked to cut the conversation between the two lovers. "Make sure that this isn't one of your schemes to shorten the time I spend with Persephone."

Hades sighed as soon as he heard her question. He can see the frown forming on the Goddess' forehead. She didn't even bother to cover her distaste at all.

It's not like he wanted her to come into the underworld as well, but for the sake of the balance of this universe, he needed to talk with his mortal enemy.

The Mother of his beloved Wife.

A.k.a his mother-in-law. (And his sister)

"And Persephone, may I remind you that your 6 months with your mother is not yet done, why are you clinging to him like that?" Demeter asked her daughter with a serious tone. "We didn't come here for those reasons."

"Of course, I know, Mother," Persephone replied with a sweet smile. "But I cannot ignore my husband, especially if he's in front of me."

Demeter's frown went deeper.

"Fine, but you still have to come back with me after this," Demeter replied before glancing at her Forest nymph. The frown on Demeter's forehead disappeared when she saw Asche.  "On the other hand, it seems like Hades had a pretty interesting problem."

Asche was startled when vines started to grow beneath her feet. The vines don't seem to be dangerous, but she can have a powerful aura coming out from it.

"What have you done to my Nymph, Hades?" She asked coldly. "Why is her soul in the underworld?"

Her vines started to crawl towards Hades' direction. Persephone and Asche both panicked, thinking that Demeter and Hades might fight with each other today.