Chapter 16: The Revival of the Nymph

Hephaestus might challenge the underworld for her?

Asche was lost in thought upon remembering what Demeter told to Hades. Why would he do that for her? Challenging the Underworld means challenging Hades, does it mean that Hephaestus is planning to take her back?

Like Orpheus and Eurydice?

Sweet, does it mean that Hephaestus loves Asche?

Nevermind, her focus should be on how she can go back to her body. Hades promised to return her if her record problem has been resolved.

She just needed to come back to life and stop Hephaestus from coming to the underworld before it's too late.

"Sooo.... Can I really return to my body?" Asche asked as soon as Demeter and Persephone left. "Can I go back to Hephaestus? Demeter solved my problem now, right? You don't need to look for my records, right?"

Asche continuously asked. Her eyes were full of expectations. It was confirmed by Demeter that Hades can return her to the living world, it means that she can finally return and wake up like nothing happened.

Hades glanced at her for a moment. The nymph suddenly felt nervous when Hades remained silent.

He will return her soul, right?

Right?

Thanatos suddenly appeared before his lord, death itself took out the golden scroll and handed it to Hades. It was the Oath of Demeter in replacement of her nonexistent records.

"Thanatos, how long has it been in the  since you took the nymph's soul?" Hades suddenly asked after receiving the scroll from Death.

Death glanced at his lord with a bored gaze. "3 hours has passed, My Lord."

Hades cleared his throat.

"How about in the mortal realm?"

Thanatos glanced at Asche's direction.

"3 days, My Lord," Thanatos returned his gaze to Hades. There was a slight amusement on his face. "Now that you mentioned it, My lord, I wonder if her mortal body has started to decompose. Can you still return her soul to her body?"

"PARDON?!" Asche reacted when she heard that.

Asche was horrified after hearing that. It's been 3 days after death took her? And her body might start to decompose?!

"I see, it might be hard to return her to her body if her body started to decompose," Hades nodded his head. Both him and Thanatos ignored Asche's reaction.

"The body has already pass the stage of rigor mortis and livor mortis. I'm afraid that her body has started to bloat," Thanatos replied with a bored expression. "It will be a different story if they preserved her body, but reincarnating her might be the best answer "

Hades massaged his temple.

If he reincarnate her, she'd have to either wait in line or he'll let her cut in line to be reincarnated. And since he promised to return the Nymph to the living world as soon as possible, the second choice more plausible, however many souls will definitely complain to him if Hades did that.

He'd rather return her to her old body than to face those complains. After all, he will also visit his wife in the mortal realm.

"Return her to her old body, if it has started to decompose then I'll use my authority to fix it," Hades sighed before shaking his head. "Go escort her now, Thanatos. I can't halt my work any longer."

Thanatos nodded his head, he turned his head to Asche and asked her to follow him.

Asche didn't waste a second and quickly followed him. She couldn't waste a second since an hour in the underworld equivalent to a day in the mortal realm.

Thinking that her body has started to decompose makes her completely horrified.

"Do you really think that my body has started to bloat?" Asche suddenly asked as she followed behind Thanatos. "Will there be worms in my body too?"

Thanatos secretly rolled his eyes before shaking his head.

"Do you really think that Hephaestus will let your body rot?" Thanatos asked her.

Asche was speechless.

Will he?

Right, if he's planning to take her back from the Underworld, then he won't let her body rot.

"Then why did you said that to Hades? Are you just teasi---"

SNAP!

Before Asche could speak, Thanatos suddenly snapped his fingers. The next thing that she can remember was  grasping air as if she was drowned in the salt waters of the sea.

She finally returned to her body.

But why does she still feel cold? Like she was trapped in a refrigerator, but the coldness was not enough to freeze her either.

She's not in the Underworld anymore, right?

But this is definitely the place where Hephaestus often make his crafts...

Her eyes went wide when she realized that she was inside of a glass box. There were blocks of ice around her to keep the temperature cool inside of it.

Like a refrigerator and a large Coffin.

Is this her resting place?

Asche banged the glass with her fist.

"Hephaestus! Let me out, I'm alive!"

The dumb Nymph didn't realize that the coffin glass has a small door and it's unlocked.

••••••••••

Portal of the Underworld:

"This is abuse," Dionysus frowned as he walked with a bottle of wine in his hand.

The abusive pair of father and daughter placed a collar on his neck and now, Hephaestus was walking him like a dog. If not for the dangerous weapon in his hand, he would attack them.

Aphrodite who stayed in her child form glared at the Winery God.

"Is this the place?" Hephaestus asked with a low tone.

Dionysus groaned.

"You should really think about the consequences of your future actions, challenging Hades will bring chaos in the mortal world and into the Olympus--- I mean, you surely hate Hera but don't be cruel to mortals," Dionysus told him, he was trying to change the ugly god's mind about his foolish action.

"You should also think about the balance of this world. Why don't you return to your place first? Who knows if Hades had returned your wife--- AHHH!"

Aphrodite who has been impatient by the right answer pushed Dionysus into the portal of the Underworld.

"Stop blabbering nonsense," Aphrodite mumbled before crossing her arms.

The young Goddess glanced at Hephaestus after confirming that it was indeed a portal in the underworld.

Without a word, they both entered the Underworld with the intention of bringing back Asche to life.

••••••••••••••••

Popcorn guys?🍿