Chapter 44: Subject of experiment

"Tell me what have you done to him?" Soobin looked very fierce while questioning Namjoon.

"I just informed him the truth, why bother asking?" Namjoon was looking at some papers. He answered without looking at Soobin as if he doesn't care at all.

"Well, because I can't see him crying anymore, got it? And I need to know what happened to him and why he's that depressed now!" Soobin nearly yelled at Namjoon and slapped on the table.

"Huh! Do you care about him that much? Woah! I didn't know! Hahaha! So funny! Then why did you act like he's nothing to you earlier? Tsk!" Namjoon looked at Soobin with a very cold gaze and made an annoyed face.

"I-I..." Soobin stood up but looked down.

"Can you please tell me so that I can at least have some idea what's going on with him and console him? I'm begging you." Soobin's soft voice melted Namjoon's heart and he sighed and told him to take a seat. Soobin sat down and looked at Namjoon with his doughy eyes.

"I told him that he was brought here by someone else named Jackson. He found him, no her." Namjoon started telling everything from the start though there were so many things that happened before Jackson found him.

"Jackson? Sounds familiar! Where did I hear the name?....Ah! Beomgyu mentioned it to me." Soobin was thinking where he heard Jackson's name but he was wrong because before Beomgyu mentioned his name, Soobin heard it somewhere else too. But he just couldn't remember it.

"What do you mean?" Soobin asked confusedly.

"Beomgyu wasn't a boy before. He was a girl..." Namjoon couldn't keep telling because Soobin interrupted again.

"Eh? He really was a girl? Then, what he saw in his dreams, in his subconscious mind, was all of his memory?" Soobin was so surprised to hear that.

"Yeah! Don't interrupt, just listen. I'm telling you because you need to know as he thinks of you highly and only you can get closer to him and know about him from earlier." Namjoon took off his glasses and crossed his fingers.

"There's one more thing we did wrong to him that we transformed him into a boy. We totally changed the girl's identity whom she used to be. There's a reason behind it but Beomgyu didn't hear the main reason. I don't know why but I couldn't tell him.

When Jackson found her on the riverside, she was unconscious and injured all over her body. He thought she was dead so he took her here to take out her organs and sell them. But we found her alive and made her an experimental subject. We thought she'd die anyway because there was heavy internal bleeding in her head. Though we stopped the bleeding, she lost too much blood and also one of her arms had been shattered from inside. And as for her legs, both of them had been disabled. So even if we tried to save her, it'd be so costly and she would never walk again. But, Yoongi practiced herbal remedies some years ago when he was in the USA.

However, he wanted to apply some technique on her to experiment to check his herbal treatment skills.

And fortunately, after trying for nearly five months, he really fixed both of his arms and legs. Still, there were no signs of her consciousness. And before he left America, he wanted to try the gender transformation process but the doctors there said to him that he doesn't have the skills and it'd be a waste of time, if he practiced something like this. But he researched everything about it and wanted to do it practically. And the hospital authority gave him a chance but some accident happened and the patient died there. But it wasn't his fault. The authorities willingly made the accident because they were jealous of Yoongi as he was from Korea.

After that, many torture, many humiliation had to be bear by him and finally he came back to Korea. But when Jackson gave the girl's body and he found him alive, he wanted to practice it again but it was unlucky of him that Beomgyu used to stay in coma for a long time. And without a patient's permission, a doctor shouldn't perform this kind of surgery but time was flying by and we thought Beomgyu didn't have much time in his hand. So, I told Yoongi to perform the surgery. And for this, we needed money. So we took money from Jackson and made a deal that if the surgery was a success, then we have to hand over Beomgyu to him and he'll make him one of his gang members. We agreed the deal and he invested money on the project.

Yoongi performed the surgery successfully and we named the boy "Beomgyu" which means energizer. Because he was unconscious for a long time and we thought he'd die sooner or later but he managed to survive. Maybe his soul was powerful and had the will to survive. And because of him, Yoongi got the energy of being a doctor again. We waited for him and thought maybe he'd never wake up. But one morning when Yoongi came to his lab, he saw Beomgyu went missing. He searched for him everywhere but didn't find him.

He called me and told me everything and he thought maybe someone stole him due to his bad relationship with other doctors. But I had a feeling that he woke up so I came back from the chamber and searched everywhere and at last found him inside the kitchen. He was awake, sitting on the floor in his naked body, eating snacks from the fridge.

We felt relieved and so happy by seeing him awake. But he got afraid by seeing us as he didn't know us at all. We covered him with clothes and took him to our house. We poured so much afford to him that we didn't want to lose him and kept him as our son. Though he woke up, he didn't remember a single thing about his past so we told him that we are his brothers and he believed us.

But, one day Jackson came to our house. I don't know why but maybe he heard about Beomgyu and saw him walking alive and he reminded us of our deal. We didn't have any other choice but to tell him that Jackson was his other brother and he should obey him.

Jackson took him away but after he left our house, it felt very empty. We understand that we really loved the little guy a lot and we would do everything to protect him. So both of us went to Jackson to bring him back.
But we saw Beomgyu was happy there too. Jackson didn't abuse him but trained him like a soldier and we thought it might be best for him so we let him stay there but told him that whenever he wants to meet us, he can go to his old house. And he really came because he missed us like we do.

And a year later, we thought he should study to make his future brighter. We talked about it with Jackson and he also agreed with it. After that we sent him to the college and there he made new friends and he wanted to live with his friends as the house is near the college. Everything was going smoothly but we thought he should remember what happened to him. If he can't remember, then we needed to do another surgery on him but Beomgyu refused. But one day, he himself came to us saying that he also needed to know what happened to him and then, you know everything how I managed to make him agree with the treatment and he started to take the therapy." Namjoon explained everything that he told Beomgyu though he added some which he wasn't able to tell Beomgyu before.