Chapter 57: He got kidnapped?

"Why didn't Soobin see my text yet? Is he that busy? I wonder what he is doing right now! It's dusk so I bet he's going home now. Should I call him and ask if he's okay?" Beomgyu was talking with himself while walking on the street. He went to class in the morning and searched for Soobin but he couldn't find him. He thought Soobin went to the store to work instead of going to class.

But he was worried about his friend and a bit angry too since he didn't even text him back.
The sunlight became very soft and it was spreading an orange glow which made the weather look beautiful. There was no crowd of people in the street as it wasn't closing time for the office worker yet. The weather was quite hot earlier but it slowly became colder. Beomgyu's hair was shining from behind while he was walking slowly. He was thinking about lots of things. His mind was only at ease when he stayed with someone. But when he spent time lonesome, his mind would always be full of thoughts even when he couldn't remember about himself. And now he remembered who he was and where he came from.

Though he himself experienced them, he felt those were just nightmares. Because he forgot how much he was scared, and how much he wished to escape or be saved back then. It all felt like he just watched a drama and imagined himself as the main character. So, he was actually very thankful to Yoongi. Though he didn't have good motives at first, it was the best for Beomgyu. He could feel that he's been living well and there are so many good people around him. It's like he had been reborn and god gave him another chance as he always wished for this kind of life. He sighed while walking under the sun which started to set down slowly.

Beomgyu reached the store where Soobin used to work while walking. He didn't have any plans to go to the store but he went there subconsciously. He stopped in front of the door to peek inside with the hope that he'd see Soobin working inside. The store was open but there was another employee arranging the goods. Beomgyu thought Soobin was inside but he couldn't see him. As he couldn't hold his curiosity back, he went inside the shop and went to the cash counter where Soobin usually worked. And there was no Soobin working. So, he nearly walked slowly to every corner of the store. But it was all in vain.

The shop didn't have any customers but it never felt that empty for Beomgyu. It felt like something was really missing there and no matter how crowded it'd get, it couldn't fill the emptiness. He sighed. It felt as if Soobin was avoiding him on purpose and when he guessed that, he felt really disheartened. What did he do wrong? Why was Soobin avoiding him? He had no idea. But he really wished he could see him even if it's just a glimpse. It's been a while so shouldn't Soobin stop ignoring him? Beomgyu went outside of the store and went to his home with a very dejected face.

[The next morning]

There were very few people in the classroom since it wasn't time for the class yet. The seats were all almost empty. The right side of the half sleeved hoodie on Beomgyu's body was red and the other side was white from up and black from down. It was perfectly matched with the gray colored pants which he was wearing. Though he was looking gorgeous, anyone could tell how depressed he was by looking at his face. His eyes were searching for a certain someone in the classroom. He walked to his own seat and took off his black bag from his shoulder. When he noticed, the certain someone wasn't there, he sighed. He took his seat and put his head on the desk. Soobin used to go to class earlier than the others because that was the time which he used for self study. As Beomgyu noticed that, he came earlier today to meet him as soon as possible. But all of his efforts were of no use. Soobin didn't come. Time went by and the students started to come and soon it was time to start the class.

But Soobin was still absent. He might not attend the class since he never came late. So, Beomgyu became more sad when he thought he couldn't meet Soobin for another whole day. The sleep which he sacrificed for the tall bunny, wanted to come back and hug him again. As his head was leaning on the desk, he started taking a nap soon.

When the bell rang and the class was over, everyone rushed to go home or to do their own things. Beomgyu was tidying up his desk to take his leave too. At that time Taehyun came to him as he noticed that Beomgyu was in a low spirit all day earlier.

"Beomgyu!" he called and put his bag on his own shoulder.

"O Taehyun!" Beomgyu took a look and continued with his work.

"How is Kai doing now?" Taehyun was worried about the boy and he needed to start a conversation with Beomgyu. So he asked.

"He's doing fine for now. But I wonder how he would take all these things once he got his memories back!" Beomgyu sighed. He was finished with tidying up his books and other stuff. So, he hung his bag on his shoulder and looked at Taehyun.

"Let's take a walk together." Taehyun proposed. In reply, Beomgyu nodded as he agreed with the idea. Taehyun thought he could start a conversation with Beomgyu but seeing how gloomy the other party was, they couldn't bring up anything to talk about. They walked silently until they reached the door of the convenience store.

"I need to buy something so you can go ahead without me." Taehyun said while entering the store.

"I think I need to buy something too!" Beomgyu said and followed Taehyun to check if the boy he was worried for two days came back to work or not. Beomgyu started searching for Soobin as soon as he entered the store. He didn't miss each and every corner of the store but couldn't find his beloved one.

He went to the cash counter and asked the boy who was working instead of Soobin, "Excuse me! Do you know where he went before you used to work here?"

"Are you talking about Soobin Hyung?" the boy replied.

"Yes! Yes! You know him, right? Do you know where did he go? Or if something happened to him?" Beomgyu was asking with a very serious face.

"He took a sick leave. So, I'm not sure if he's really okay or not." the boy replied.

Hearing him, Beomgyu became more worried.

"Is he really that sick? So sick that he can't even answer my phone! And he also doesn't have anyone beside him who'd take care of him! Poor thing! I should visit him." Beomgyu thought Soobin was bedridden and he needed someone to take care of him. He wanted to go but he didn't know where Soobin lived.

"Anything else, sir?" the boy was scanning the products which Taehyun was buying so he asked Beomgyu as Beomgyu didn't buy anything at all.

"Ah! No. But can you give me his address?" Beomgyu asked. Taehyun wasn't there when they were talking about Soobin but as soon as he heard Beomgyu asking, he guessed what happened to Beomgyu and why he had a long face all day.

"Um...Sir! I can't expose our employees any personal information to the customers without knowing their true relationship." the boy replied while he was feeling sorry. At that time Ki Bum entered the store and said,

"You can trust him. He's a very good friend."

"Oh! Ki hyung! How are you? " Beomgyu looked at him and asked.

"I'm fine but I guess you're not, right?" Ki understood why Beomgyu was here and what he wanted.

"Eh? Do you know where Soobin is? And what happened to him? Is he very sick? How did he become sick when I saw him all better yesterday?" Beomgyu asked a lot of questions because he knew this person knows Soobin better than anyone and only he can tell what happened to him.

"Don't worry, he's fine! He just got kidnapped!" Ki answered with a little smile. Beomgyu and the others were astonished by hearing but they were more surprised to see how a man was telling a person got kidnapped with a smile.