Chapter 86: If you're happy, then I'm happy

Hueningkai stole a glance at Yeonjun and then started eating again.

"Hahaha! I know right! If you stay with him, rather than disliking him, you would like him more and more. That's what my son is!" Hueningkai's mother said and laughed.

"Yeah! You're right! And that's what grew us apart! He was way too innocent! He trusted people easily. You know he got into serious danger because of this!" saying this far, Yeonjun stopped as he didn't tell his mom about it either. He bit his tongue because he realized he shouldn't have talked about it.

"What happened? Tell us!" Hueningkai's mother looked at him and asked curiously.

"Uh! It's nothing! You shouldn't be worried!" Yeonjun lowered his head and put some rice in his mouth.

"Yeonjun?" His mom looked at him with inquisitive eyes.

"Uh! I'm sorry, but I don't think I can tell you guys. It might be uncomfortable for him." Yeonjun tried to smile, but failed.

"It's okay. Tell'em. I'm not that uncomfortable about it anymore." Hueningkai said and finally looked at Yeonjun.

After hearing everything, Yeonjun's mom got a huge shock as she never knew about it.

"Why didn't any of you tell me about it? My poor child! You must've gone through a lot! I know you're a reticent boy, but this is not something to hide!" Yeonjun's mom hugged Hueningkai as she was feeling disheartened.

"I can't thank you enough! I thank every one of your friends and those who helped to rescue my son. I'm really grateful. As a mother, I couldn't fulfill any duties, but I still thank you guys for taking care of him so well. For making him a great person and sending him back. I know I couldn't be a good mother for any of my children. Moreover, I'm afraid I was unable to take care of him after he came back to me." She said with a saddened expression.

"Hey! Mom! Why're you saying that?" Hueningkai looked at his mother and was surprised.

"Because you became such a workaholic! You spend more time in the company rather than at home. Like your siblings! I couldn't take care of any of you!" she complained.

"Hahaha! If we don't work, how would we make you proud, hm?" Hueningkai smiled at his mom and found her funny.

"I'm proud that I have a son like you!" She said and looked at Yeonjun. She quite liked Yeonjun because of how gentle and pretty he was looking.

"Mrs. Choi! I won't beat around the bush anymore! Your son and my son, like each other and I hope you can accept them. We're lucky enough because they are asking for our permission first. Where would you get kids like them? They already exchanged hearts with each other, but were afraid to start a relationship. If we give them a chance, they can have their happiness. Don't you want your child to be happy? Give them a chance. I think this would be best for everyone." Hueningkai's mother said and smiled at her.

"Huh? W-what is going on! W-what are you saying? I-I don't understand!" Yeonjun was very surprised.

"Son! You said you wanted him as your wife when you were young, right? I'm afraid I can't give him to you as a wife, but would you like to have him as a husband? You know what I mean, right?" She held Yeonjun's hand and asked with full of hope.

"Ah! M-mom!" Yeonjun looked at his mother, but didn't get any reply from her.

"I need some time to adapt. They used to be like brothers." She said and looked at Hueningkai's father.

"That's it then! Cheers!" Hueningkai's mother raised a glass into the air to celebrate. All the Huening family also celebrated with her except for Kai. He got a little shy and lowered his head. Yeonjun also lowered his head, but was giggling silently as he felt very joyous and shy as well.
______________________________