2. journey in space

Planet  xanthora

              Space research centre

Luna was working in a space center . She had just finished her studies and was now working as an astronaut . Only very few people would opt for this job as many people and space craft had gone missing in the past . Which had made people fear to choose this job . Currently there were about 10 astranauts and most of them were older ones.

Luna was not sure wether she should feel happy or scared as she was being prepared for her first mission . She was being sent alone as the target location was too far and the space craft built to sustain such long distance travel could take only one passenger . Also there was only one spacecraft capable of such long distance travel and it took years to build .

A few days back they had recieved a signal from a very distant galaxy . The signal was from one of the spacecraft that was sent some 1000 years back when xanthora was in a verge of collapse beacase of a war . The mission was marked as failure and crew members as dead according to the official records . They decided to know the mystery behind the signal by sending Luna to the said coordinates .

Luna was taught everything about operating the spacecraft . Luna was the youngest among the astranauts and it was decided that only she was healthy enough to make such long distance voyage . Luna was feeling a little nervous as she entered the space craft . She set everything to autopilot and sat back relaxing as the space ship started to move on its own . After escaping planet xanthora's gravity it entered outer space . After reaching a certain speed the space ship created a wormwhole and entered it . Luna found the space ship shaking for some time while moving inside the tunnel . It took some time till it started moving smoothly inside the tunnel . After exiting the tunnel she was in milkyway galaxy . The space craft continued travelling towards the target cordinates . Soon she was in solar system travelling towards earth , the blue planet . She found the star in solar system as much smaller compared to that of xanthora . Finally after reaching near the earth the spacecraft alerted message saying " destination arrived " for a few times . From now she had to take control for landing on the planet earth . She gently started to descend with a certain speed , not too much as there was already gravitational pull of earth so to avoid crash landing she maintained safe speed and finally reached atmosphere of earth . It was night time on the region where she was landing and nothing was clear so she pressed auto landing feature with which the space ship itself would find the suitable landing spot .

----------------------------------------------

Let me know if you find any mistakes or want to make any suggestions. Is the story going okay ?