3. Landing

Karna was sitting on the river bank , the river flew through the forest . It was here that he would do his morning Pooja for the sun god . Today he didn't feel like sleeping or even going back home . So he simply sat there looking at the mysterious sky . He found it peaceful and relaxing . He used to do that often so he knew that his parents would not worry about not seeing him . He had made a fire using the logs he had collected earlier , it gave him warmth and light .

He was leaning on a tree for support and his eyes were starting to close  . He was drifting off to sleep . Suddenly he heard a strange buzzing noise . He tried opening his eyes a little and something strange caught his eye . He saw something flying in the sky emitting different lights fom it  . He tried to rub his eyes to make sure he wasn't dreaming . Again he saw the same thing, he was sure it was real , something was flying in the sky and approaching near to where he stood . With each second the flying thing  appeared bigger and closer . He was stunned by what he was seeing . Before he could come back from the shock the mysterious flying thing had fallen on the waters near him .

                              *****

Luna had turned on the auto landing feature as it was pitch dark there . Suddenly the space ship made a fast descend . She  understood by the impact of landing that she had landed on waters . Having water meant there was a possibility of life in the planet .She tried to check for the details about this new planet from her space ship. On her monitor she could see the real time visuals captured by the camera's on the outside of spaceship . She turned on more lights on the ship to check her surroundings, to know about where she had landed . Luckily she was only a little distance from the river bank . She couldn't believe to see plants and trees, she could see the forest though it was dark the display had enhanced the visuals a bit to make it perceivable  . The data collected by the spaceship had lots of information, like the percentage of oxygen , temperature , humidity among various other things . In short the planet was perfectly inhabitable and it clearly had life . She couldn't believe her luck . She would go down in history as the first astranaut to discover the existence of extraterrestrial life .  She tried to move the space ship a bit using controls and made it to turn side ways so that she could directly jump into the land without having to touch waters . She took her backpack which had everything necessary for her stay and got out of the space ship .

                             ******

Karna was watching everything with wide eyes

Karna was watching everything with wide eyes . The mysterious flying thing had landed right near the water from where he stood , splashing few droplets of water into his body . he watched it as it moved closer to where he stood . Then someone came out of it . A girl of his age or younger . She didn't look ordinary . Her skin was so fair , he had never seen anyone so fair . She was wearing a strange clothing and carrying something on her back . She hadn't noticed his presence . Even in the dark her hair was glowing , it was strange that her hair was not of normal color , it was fusion of colors . He wondered if she was a goddess descended from the heaven . She was too beautiful .

-------------------------------------------------------

Like & comment 💫