7 - ○ Tangerine glow ○

"Yeah, I got issues
and one of them is
How bad I need you"
~ Anonymous

Author pov:

"Nice to see you again, Ms. Meera", spoke Arjun in his baritone voice while steadily watching the latter and expecting a reply from her.

"Oh, thank you Mr.Arjun. It's indeed a pleasure to meet you again", she curtailed her sentence.

He smiled and slightly pinched his nose bridge, "So you are related to Fawad or Laya?", asked Arjun even with a prior knowledge of Meera and Laya's friendship.

"Ah, Laya is my best friend and how will I be able to miss her party. What about you?", she questioned playfully.

"Fawad's my best friend, infact my business partner too. So, it kinda explains the reason".

Both of them were having a heartily conversation with a tint of nervousness when, "You look gorgeous, Meera", wispered Arjun near her ear which gave crystalline chills to the other.

"Th-thank you, Mr. Arjun", she replied shyly while her crimson cheeks would never fail to show up.

Meanwhile, tinkling of bell echoed in the hall grabbing the attention of the mass.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please. Without running around the bush, we would like to take this opportunity to announce our wedding at the end of this month. We expect your arrival and grant blessings for the same", spoke Fawad who was gleaming and Laya smiling eye to eye while the crowd cheered for the couple by raising their toast "whoahhhhh".

"Alright guys. Now, it's time for dance. Pick your partners and show your moved on the floor", exclaimed Laya.

Arjun cleared his throat and was about to make his move on Meera when Kathir barged in, "Arjun, yoo, let me introduce you to Shilpa. You'll like her, come on buddy" and dragged him.

Meera was kinda nervous because the only person she knew in that party was Laya and now Arjun but he went away with his friend which left her lonely.

She took a glass of wine and let it flow inside her mouth, the pungent liquid caused a bit of distress to her but she was quite sure about handling that properly as that was not her first time.

While taking regular sips, she could sense a habitual gaze of Arjun who was seemingly talking to a woman in her late twenties. She grinned from ear to ear knowing his effect on her and continued to act like not paying attention on him.

Eventually, Arjun walked towards Meera and asked, "Will you give me a golden opportunity to dance with you?".

Meera was surprised by his dramatic question, she agreed and they proceeded towards the dance floor. With the fascinating sound of 'Un vizhigalil' blaring the hall, bodies intertwined, one bigger hand holding the waist while other holding her delicate hand, eyes being mesmerized by her simple yet captivating beauty, lips stretched into a grin, performing small movements, Arjun was on the land of euphoria.

On the other hand, Meera too slowly welcomed this unique and foreign feelings in her not knowing about their meaning while the song continues to play in the background.

The lover who came in my dreams

You came before I opened my eyes

I searched high and low

And now, I found my angel

And I gave myself completely to you

Now, I've bought you....

All the directions the wind blows

I heard your voice speaking

I will transform myself into wind, love

My nights will automatically become long

Hereafter I won't like the day, love

Our life has become one with our love....

( English translation of 'Un vizhigalil' )

Gradually the party came to an end, Laya and Fawad bid goodbyes to their guests while Meera and Arjun was busy discussing.
"So, are you Selena's guardian?", asked Meera curiously.

"To be honest, Selena is my aunt's daughter. My uncle died when Selena was a year old and my aunt tried to afford a living by working jobs but unfortunately she is bed ridden due to Parkinson's disease. That's why I support them financially but apart from that, Selena is like my own sister", explained Arjun.

Meera gave a small smile pitying about Selena and her mother while forming a good opinion about the male infront of her.

"Oh sorry, it's late. I've to go home now. Bye Mr. Arjun", briefed Meera. "I'll drop you at your home. Don't worry", said Arjun while pointing his car.

"Kind of you sir but I've already called a cab", replied Meera. The pale white cab arrived after a few minutes and Arjun escorted Meera inside it.

"Thank you, Mr. Arjun. See you", she said waving her hands at him.

Very soon, Meera.

thought Arjun.

While returning to her home through cab, Meera was deeply drifted to think about the handsome male she met again at Laya's party.

The soothing breeze from the movement of the car calmed her nerves and made her somnolent, yet she managed to stay awake. Arjun is handsome, has good humor sense and she is comfortable around him but thinking all these about him seemed too soon for her.

It was not even a week until see saw Vignesh and talked again with him, now she doesn't want to talk with him. She was not sure about her feelings when it comes to love. Why? She questioned herself. Why, she has this huge fear towards getting into relationships. Is it because of her family? Her nature? Her environment?

She entered the muted mustard colored house with tired steps and could hear her mother chit-chatting with her relatives through mobile phone.

When she saw her, the mother silently gestured, did you eat? She answered her with a nod and directly went to her room. After getting freshen up and changing into cosy pajamas, the effect if wine made her to float into sleep while she continued to think about the events that were happened that day.

Maybe Arjun is just a random guy who conversed with her. He is no one to her and would probably never meet her. She thought. Whatever happens, that is bound to happen. She clicked her tongue playfully and allowed sleep to carry her.
.
.
.

Hey guys, hope you liked this chapter. Pls do vote and comment your thoughts so that I can improve my writing if there are any flaws.
Good day.
-dazzlerxshasha