21 - ○ Eigengrau ○

"Obsessive love is hard to shake,
of love n hurt no distance makes,

better still the embers rake,
yes love must have its fill,

past lingers with the sweetest thrill,
but i still hesitate... "
~ Don Johnson

Author pov:

"My darling, there's nothing to be afraid of. I did those for you, it's for you", Arjun slowly walked towards her.

"You are a lie Arjun! Our relationship is a lie! Our love is a lie! Everything is a lie! The life which we would live will also be a lie!", shouted Meera while holding his shirt's collar.

"Don't say those Meera", he held her hands against his face and continued.

"I did everything for us and I'll do anything for you. I-", his sentence was interrupted by Meera.

"What? Including threatening a person and beating him to flesh?", her hands moved away from his grip.

She turned to walk away when Arjun held her and said

Arjun: You wanna see what I did for you? You want to see the real me? Come with me.

He dragged her to a room in the next floor. The wooden door was locked, he took a key from his pocket and opened it.

The room was pitch dark with a prevalent musty smell revolving around. She took tiny steps by gripping the wall and felt a layer of paper under her hand.

Her eyes scrunched when Arjun turned on the light. She slowly opened her hazel eyes to witness a shocking revelation.

Her photos where she was talking with someone, walking along the streets, studying in library, eating food and some focused on her bedroom balcony too.Her old used notes, the books she used to read, her old cosmetics which she threw away, her old clothes!

A row of photos was hung which comprises her pics from childhood, her teenage days and some of the pics with her family and Arjun.

A shiver ran down her spine upon seeing her belongings pooled in the room. Beside her, there was a list of things written.

Favorite food, colour, drink, professors name, bra size, shoe size, which brand of sanitary napkin, timings, School, college, parents, friends, dog's name, her birthday, her social media account, her serach history.

There was a pile of handwritten letters written by him, which has never made it to her mail box. She took one of them and read,

Dear Meera,
Please don't cry, I can't see you crying for something that's not worth it. Your colleague who was spreading rumors about you..... I took very good care of him. I loved it when he coughed blood after getting beaten up for just an hour.

By the way, loved the color of your lipstick today. Wish I was there to smudge it by kissing the life out of those juicy lips.

Can't wait to meet you, my love, my ammu.....
~Your Arjun
2020

Her eyes darted each and every line in that paper. She still searched for denial, her mind thinking on how she was careless all those times.

"2020? When did you first see me?"

"Meera it's not..."

"Arjun please atleast tell the truth now"  Meera said