20 - ○ Vermilion gush ○

"In shadows' embrace, he lingers unseen,
Obsessive devotion, a love so keen.

Her laughter, her smile, like the sun's first ray,
He's lost in her world, night and day"

Author pov:

After a month

The whole garden was decorated with glimmering lights. It was late in the evening and the sky was shimmering with numerous stars. With people laughing and enjoying the event, they both got ready.

The garden was facing the backdrop of a huge bungalow built in the outskirts of the city. The bungalow got renovated recently which even more increased its exquisite beauty.

It was the house of Arjun's grandparents. After they passed away, he was the only person who visited frequently and maintained it.

A huge red velvet cake was placed on the table over the stage. Wine bottles and champagnes assisted it. The icing on the cake read Meera and Arjun.

It was the D-day for both of them. After several obstacles, they finally made it.
The couple walked towards the stage while holding hands and smiling at their friends and relatives.

Arjun in his black Armani suit, his jet black hair gelled back, a Rolex around his wrist and Oxfords shoes in black calf leather.
While Meera in an elegant deep claret velvet saree with diamonds adorning her. Her slick hair let loose and happiness radiating in her smile.

Soon they both exchanged their rings followed by a gush of celebration that includes dance and music.

"And now Mr. Arjun Joel and Meera Rajan are officially engaged!!", Kathir blasted the champagne.

Selena, Celine, Fawad, Laya and all others were dancing with joy.

With uncles chatting and boasting about their own son's achievements, aunties gossiping about each other, teenagers secretly sharing eye contacts with their loved ones and grandparents planning to go for a pilgrimage trip.

Arjun and Meera danced their hearts out. At a moment, their eyes met and they can't forget the incidents that took place before finally arriving at this point of their life.

"Uncle, I will do everything in my power to make your daughter. (Pauses for a second). No, I'll do everything in my power to make My Meera to be the most happiest person in this world"

"Mr. and Mrs. Rajan, we're pleased to have a daughter in law like Meera. From now on, we're one"

Random dialogues from each incident passed along in their minds. They let out a smile of content, relief and happiness.

The evening soon ended with a joyous note.

"Okay Arjun, when are you returning home?", asked his mother.

"I'll be back by tomorrow morning. I have some works left to finish. You guys go ahead"

Arjun chose to stay at their ancestral home. He has an online meeting to attend with his US partners. So, travelling during that will not be a correct option for him.

All the family members sat inside the cars while Meera slightly dragged Arjun from their sight and pecked him while no one was noticing.

"At last" commented Meera who was delighted upon finally getting engaged with the person she loves after all hurdles.

Arjun kissed her fingers as a goodbye and the family departed. They had three cars- Arjun and Meera's parents in one car, Kathir, Fawad and Arjun's brother in another. While Laya, Anu, Meera and Selena in the remaining one.