15 - ○Greige drops○

Author pov:

Meera was unable to accommodate herself in the new environment. She tried to close her eyes and focus at the pitch-black but much to concern nothing worked to make her asleep.

Silence of the room was broken by a call from her friend, Rudra who was unable to make it for the trip.

"How's Goa?", he asked with his characteristic raspy voice.

"Oh please don't ask about that. We still didn't reach Goa", she replied

"Wh..what?"

"Hello hello Rudra, can you hear me?", she asked.

"Hello Meera, I guess there's an issue with the signal"

"Wait a second, I'll go out and try calling you"

With that she walked out of her dimly lit room and proceeded to wait for the lift.

The lift door opened only to reveal a partially unconscious man gasping for his breadth. Shock and panic consumed Meera as she hurried towards him.

"Sir, are you okay?", her heartbeat rose up when she didn't get any reply from him. She quickly dialed for an ambulance and waited for its arrival.

Meera's screams and call for help made others to wake up from their slumber and rush towards the spot.

But, Arjun has already decided to make his departure from the world. Fed up with all the problems around him, he chose to surrender himself infront of fate.

When all the surroundings were painted in eigengrau, Arjun saw a faint luminescence seeping from the infinity. At that moment, his heart devoid of any sorrows and miseries, his body felt very light as if he was floating towards it.

That's when he heard a voice.

A voice trying to bring him back to the real world.

"Don't worry, sir. Just, just try to breathe.
Don't take deep breaths, try to make it shallow. You're gonna be OK. Trust me.

Imagine a never ending open field with beautiful plants an.. and trees. You are feeling a cold breeze across your face. There's um..uhm... what do you like?sss... song. You are peacefully singing your favorite song. There's your favorite food and many more...

Just look at me, sir. It's all good. You're gonna be ok.."

He managed to open his eyes a bit to see Meera crying and trying to gain his consciousness.

Sound of ambulance siren can be heard a far.

"Thank you for keeping him awake until we came", men in peach colored uniforms informed Meera as they transferred Arjun to a stretcher.

That was the last thing he saw before he dozing off. Numerous unknown faces surrounding him, ambulance siren, his friends pushing the stretcher into the van and Meera holding her tears.

.
.
.

Arjun can't help but smile at how fate has played a mystic role in his life. It's twist and turns reversed his then situation.

After that incident, Arjun took a bold step of taking the loan and, after working on projects and sponsors for several days and nights, they finally managed to reach the position they've thrived for.

Many a times, faint glimpses of Meera occupied Arjun's mind but he dismissed those. He tried to erase her, omit her thoughts and drew a blank on her memories, but they still kept popping out in the most surprising ways.

"It's been six years, Meera. Six f*cking years since I met you and you've managed me to keep around your fingers without any effort. What can I call it?

I still remember the day I met you again, the feelings which I've buried deep inside my heart were unleashed just by a mere glimpse of you.

At that moment, I realized that I've fallen for you so deep that no one could ever change my mind, not even myself", he thought to himself.

                            ♣️♣️♣️

Meera was more than frustrated by the traffic. Inch by inch movement, blaring horn sounds, she was fed up with those.

"Hello Laya, I should meet him in half an hour but with this traffic I think it might take a couple of hours", she answered Laya asking her whereabouts.

"Anna (brother), can you please drop me near the junction? I'll pay you till that"

The cab driver drove along the road, dropped her and left.

"I should've just said yes when Arjun asked about picking me. Damn, my self respect and independency on others would be on its peak during these situations", she kept on mumbling to herself when she saw a known figure.

"Vignesh??", she was shocked and surprised upon seeing him with another girl. They both were feeding ice cream to each other.

One part of her demanded to know the reason on why he avoided her out of the blue but other part of her pleaded to simply avoid him.

She decided to go with the first instinct and walked inside the shop and stood infront of the couple. At first, Vignesh was shocked but soon covered his emotions and acted like he didn't know her.

The other girl was confused by their actions and asked, "Excuse me?"

"Why did you do that?", Meera monotonously asked Vignesh.

"Baby, let's go out", he grabbed the girl's hand and tried to get out but Meera was not in a mood to leave the place without an answer.

"Listen Vignesh, I'm not here to argue with you or try to win you back. I just need the reason- why did you avoid me? Why did you ask such things to my parents?", Meera was fuming.

It's been three months and she can't forgive him for his act. He asked an amount of six crores as dowry along with a car and property. When her parents denied it, he left her.

"Meera, don't block my way. I've had enough", he tensely replied.

"What enough huh? He's a person trying to live off by someone's money. He would soon ask dowry to your parents and if they didn't accept, he'll leave you soon", she turned and said to the other girl.

"Enough Meera, enough. I didn't do it myself. I was threatened", he shouted earning several stares towards them, leaving Meera in shock.

They three moved out from the shop and he continued,
"Yes Meera, I was threatened by some unknown people. They asked me to cut off any sort of relationship with you and that's the reason why I asked those to your parents knowing that it was bad"

"This was the result of those threatenings", he showed his semi healed arm for which Meera gasped.

"This is my girlfriend. We've started to date just a month ago", he introduced the other girl with a slight smile to cover his pain.

"I'm sorry for all the things that happened to you because of me. I'm sorry Vignesh. I judged you but you are such a nice person. I'm so sorry to both of you guys", Meera apologized to both of them.

"It's okay. This will heal in no time. We've to go. Bye", he replied and the other girl gave a forced smile to Meera and left.
.
.
.

Heyy guys, hope you liked this chapter. Pls do vote and comment your thoughts so that I can improve my writing if there are any flaws.
Good day.
-dazzlerxshasha