Chapter 1

Athena Pov:

I am currently ridding my motorbike around Gardinea, making my way to the park.

I had just finished my job as a karate instructor, my last lesson was dragging on for what felt like an eternity

I had just finished my job as a karate instructor, my last lesson was dragging on for what felt like an eternity. Don't get me wrong I love my job, I love the kids but sometimes it gets really tiring.

Parking my bike, I took of helmet and swung my leg off the bike. Grabbing my bag and swinging it over my shoulder, I began my peaceful walk through the park. Ignoring the weird looks from strangers, I had honestly gotten used to the odd looks I get for my scar and heterochromic eyes. It doesn't bother me anymore as it did before.

After having moved to earth, a few years ago I learnt a lot about this place and was luckily able to quickly adapt. My late mum was always so fascinated by humans and had always hoped to come here one day. As a way to fulfil her wish I moved her a couple of years ago, I guess you could say this is my way of getting close to my mum.

I don't have any memories of her as she passed way when I was only one. She died in the destruction of her home planet, Sphyria. But I like to see it as a noble death rather than a tragic one. She died whilst fighting for her planet, a death I personally wouldn't mind.

Despite my mother not being in my childhood, my dad always tried his best to take on the roles of both parents. I still remember the times where he would try and do my hair as a child, but he just could never get it right. So he would have to call his sister for help a lot of the times. Though I never minded it much as a kid, it let me spend time with my cousin, Helia.

Me and Helia are extremely close, no surprise there considering the fact that we literally grew up together, we are much more like siblings than cousins. So you can imagine how thrilled I was to learn that him and my Aunt will be living with us. Helia's dad left both him and his mum, with the pathetic excuse of 'not wanting to uphold any responsibility at a young age'. A bunch of bullshit I know. But thankfully my dad became a father figure for Helia whilst his mum became my mother figure.

Though there were times where missing a parent affected the two of us, but we were always there for each other during those times. Comforting the other, giving a shoulder to lean and cry on and listening to the other. Ultimately bringing us closer.

However things started to change when I turned 10 and Helia turned 11. The kids at school began to pick on me, not because of my looks or my skills. But because of who my dad was. My dad is a well known Wizard that is apart of the infamous group called the 'Company Of Light'. Thought you might be wondering 'why would the kids pick on you if they such a big and influential figure was your dad?'

All I can say to that is jealousy. They kids would always bully me saying things like 'Look it's little miss princess. You enjoying your daddy's hard work.' Or 'Look at her acting all high and mighty cause her daddy is a famous wizard. What a spoiled brat.' Essentially mocking me about how privileged I was to have the infamous 'Saladian' as my father. Especially this particular girl, she was an absolute bitch and a pain in the ass. She was be the ring leader of all my childhood bullies.