Chapter 8

"Alright, alright. I was just gonna tell ask you if you wanted to hang out tomorrow? I'm free."

I remain silent, for some reason taking a few seconds to process his words. I blame it on the long day I just had. "Helia. It's fucking 1 in the morning and you called ask me that? Do you even know what tomorrow is?" I exclaim, the tiredness now heavily affecting my mood. "It's uhhhh" drags on my cousin. "You dumb fuck, it's the Day of the Rose tomorrow." I groan, dragging the palm of my hand down my face. I'm tired to be dealing with him right now. Helia remained silent on the other line, probably having a sudden realisation. He's lucky that I remained him, cause if I hadn't Aunty Erika might have literally murdered her son. "Shit" he mutters almost breathlessly.

"Have fun dealing with that, Imma go back to bed. Night" I say, snatching the phone away from my ear and pressing the end call button. Without much hesitation, I toss my phone somewhere and fall back into my bed. Pulling my sheets to cover my entire body. Just like that I was out.

Feeling the rays of the sun, peeking through the gaps of my curtain. I woke up and my eyes were immeadtly hit the morning sun. Letting outa pained and tired groan, I rolled over to my side. Peering at the digital clock on m bedside table. Reading the time 6:45, a lot later than when I usually wake up but I deserved those extra minutes after the shit-show that happened last night.

I force myself out of bed, and in to the bathroom. Where I get myself ready for my morning workout.

Walking out my room, and through the living room I saw how Flora and Tecna were already up

Walking out my room, and through the living room I saw how Flora and Tecna were already up. "Morning you two" I greet with a smile on my face. "Morning" greeted the two. "I assume your both heading back home" I say, watching as the two grab out their suitcases from the storage room. "Of course, the Day of the Rose is one of my favourite holidays" beamed Flora. "Are you going to go home, Athena?" asked Tecna. "Nah, I don';t really celebrate the holiday" I reply with a smile on my face, trying my best to conceal nay hint of sadness on my face.

Both of the girl look at me confused, and before they get the chance to ask me why I quickly say "I gotta get going if I want to make it back in time for breakfast. See you girls later" and with that I turn on my heel and walk out the front door. Waving them a goodbye before I shut the door behind me. Speed walking my way down the empty school hallways, and than through the courtyard to the forest. It was only then did i slow down.