(11) Turning Point

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yeah."

"We can't turn back after this, you can stay here. I don't want you getting in trouble for me."

"Too late! you're stuck with me, Chase!"

The Shepherd exhaled faintly. A glare developed on his face. This truly was the point of no return. The door to the Air Patroller was opening, allowing the two pups to step on the soil of Adventure Bay once again.

Chase looked back, "Robo-Dog, we need you to drive the PAW Patroller, please."

With a robotic bark, Robo-Dog followed behind the two pups.

"Whoo!" Marshall exclaimed, "The three of us are on a roll!"

"Quiet!" Chase shushed him, "If the other pups see me with this then it's game over."

The Shepherd pointed at the large bandage placed on his cheek. Marshall was still a bit unsettled to look at Chase's bandage after having to treat it so quickly and so crudely with little first-aid materials to work with.

"So what's the plan?" Marshall tilted his head.

"You need to grab your medical pup pack and some food that can last for at least three days."

Marshall sat up and saluted, "Sir yes sir!"

Chase chuckled, "Meanwhile, I'm going to grab my spy pack and food. As well as an important possession of mine."

Marshall nodded, "Sounds like a plan."

"Robo-Dog, can you head to the PAW Patroller and get it ready to move when we're both packed up?"

Robo-Dog barked before heading to the vehicle in question.

Chase and Marshall gave the other a high-paw before heading off in separate directions.

Marshall sneakily walked into the lookout, quiet as a mouse. He was confused when he realized nobody was around. The Dally peered his head into the television room. He would have at least expected Rubble to be there watching Apollo the Super Pup. Regardless, it was better for him and Chase if nobody was around.

"Maybe they're all out on a mission..." Marshall sighed faintly, "I've got to go to the top of the lookout for that food... And my pack."

Meanwhile, Chase made his way to his pup house.

It felt like forever since he's seen or even slept in his pup house. He felt a bit tired just looking at it. It reminded him of much simpler times. Sure the last time things were normal was five days ago, but between visiting Barkingburg, meeting the knights allied with Sweetie, getting injured, and even beginning to defect against Ryder's order to call him if things went wrong, it was almost like an eternity passed since everything started.

Chase sighed faintly. He couldn't even begin to fathom the trouble he was going to be in once Ryder found out that he continued on with the mission after being injured without informing him, but that was a chance he wasn't willing to take.

Being the first ever pup Ryder had owned, it was clear to Chase that his owner put the safety of the pups before missions any day. If one of the pups were revealed to be sick before a mission started, they would be forced to stay at the lookout, no matter how much they insisted they would be okay.

"Ryder, I'm so sorry..." He closed his eyes, bowing his head to the very pup house his owner built for him, "But I won't leave this mission to anybody else!"

Chase looked back up and walked into his pup house. He dug through his items before pulling out a picture frame. The Shepherd smiled gently at the picture within the frame.